Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a brand

Options
  • 07-06-2020 8:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have been studying a number of topics in relation to e-commerce over the last few months including, but not limited to, dropshipping, facebook ads, copywriting, funnels and digital marketing/ecom in general.

I have focused initially on some Print on Demand ideas but felt the profit margins were poor and the market was too niche to generate teh quantity of sales needed. I have now spent quite some time on learning dropshipping and I'm getting a really good feel for selecting a product, .

What is holding me back is easy - many of the people in the groups I frequent don't care a whole lot about the customer. They just want to get the product shipped to them from China in a jiffy bag and hope Paypal doesn't shut them down. I just can't stomach this. I now realise I want to build a brand that will delight the customer. I essentially need to remove myself from certain groups and find other groups on facebook (or elsewhere) where it is about building a high quality brand by finding a winning product, branding it, employing excellent logistics and customer support, and building from there.

1) Can anyone recommend some groups to join?

2) Are there any resources recommended on brand building?

3) If anyone has any experience in building an ecom brand, I'd love to be able to ask for some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hi there!
    This really depends on what type of brand identity you want to build?
    • What products are you going to sell?
    • How will you talk to your Customers?
    • What will your brand stand for?
    • Whats the brand personality?
    • How are you going to develop a name for your brand?
    • How are you going to give your Customers value?

Best of luck with it and if you need any pointers just shout :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MyTax Ireland

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have been studying a number of topics in relation to e-commerce over the last few months including, but not limited to, dropshipping, facebook ads, copywriting, funnels and digital marketing/ecom in general.

I have focused initially on some Print on Demand ideas but felt the profit margins were poor and the market was too niche to generate teh quantity of sales needed. I have now spent quite some time on learning dropshipping and I'm getting a really good feel for selecting a product, .

What is holding me back is easy - many of the people in the groups I frequent don't care a whole lot about the customer. They just want to get the product shipped to them from China in a jiffy bag and hope Paypal doesn't shut them down. I just can't stomach this. I now realise I want to build a brand that will delight the customer. I essentially need to remove myself from certain groups and find other groups on facebook (or elsewhere) where it is about building a high quality brand by finding a winning product, branding it, employing excellent logistics and customer support, and building from there.

1) Can anyone recommend some groups to join?

2) Are there any resources recommended on brand building?

3) If anyone has any experience in building an ecom brand, I'd love to be able to ask for some advice?

Hi,

You should check out the brand creators podcast. It can definitely be very US centric but they go through some good concepts and there is plenty of content

https://brandcreators.com/category/podcast/page/6/

Advertisement