Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports direct

Options
  • 08-06-2020 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I recently bought a google home device which sports direct heavily advertised at a very good price, however they sent me a chromecast which I have no use for. I contacted then and explained my issue through their limited channels. email being the only option. The response was merely

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I have checked and can confirm that the outstanding parcel has since been delivered.

We trust you are pleased with your purchase."

I obviously responded again but have yet to receive a further response, its 5 days now. There appears to be no other way of contacting them that I can find. Their returns policy states I should return by registered post at my expense. However this in my opinion is a case of not receiving what I bought. surely the onus should be on them to deliver what I ordered or refund my money and arrange a way I can return the unwanted item(which I didn't order.

I guess I am posting here to see if others have similar experiences and is there any actual way of getting in contact with them. I would have thought that a web chat would be at least available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Have had awful issues with them recently. Ordered some clothes in April, a pair of jeans were missing from the order, emailed a number of times, eventually got a response and resolution. Used cs@sportsdirect.com email address directly after the first time using their online contact page so that I would have a record in my sent box in case needed to do a chargeback. Another order received a pair of jeans with the right size on the plastic packing but the item inside were the wrong size. Sent back, and still waiting on some sort of response a month later, will need to follow up. Won't be using them again, really poor communication and service. Just keep at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

thanks for the response, got another email this morning informing me I had ordered a chromecast as per their records. sent them a screenshot of my order from their website clearly showing a google home ordered. I will keep at it and keep people posted here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

seamie78 wrote: »
    thanks for the response, got another email this morning informing me I had ordered a chromecast as per their records. sent them a screenshot of my order from their website clearly showing a google home ordered. I will keep at it and keep people posted here

I was interested in a chromecast, so checked their site for the price, and only the google home is listed, they don't seem to even sell the chromecast..

emails going back and forth every 3-5 days, their latest was google make chromecast so therefore I got the correct item. I hope for it to be resolved in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

seamie78 wrote: »
    emails going back and forth every 3-5 days, their latest was google make chromecast so therefore I got the correct item. I hope for it to be resolved in the coming months.

Your answer should be "Reckitt Benckiser make Harpic and Durex - If I order Durex, I don't expect 12 bottles of Hapric to arrive"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭wassie

I'd suggest you lodge a formal complaint to them and threaten to escalate if its not resolved.

All you need to know here: https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/

il give it another one or two emails before going down that route

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

You should be covered by chargeback via your bank, or if you paid by Paypal, you can open a "significantly not described" case on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

I ordered a few things yesterday on Sports Direct. A pair of football boots were in the order - 33.60 euro plus shipping onto of 8.40. Looking at my invoice now they have charged me 40.32euro for the boots with shipping on top of that. All the other items in the order have also increased in price??? Whats the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Glebee wrote: »
    I ordered a few things yesterday on Sports Direct. A pair of football boots were in the order - 33.60 euro plus shipping onto of 8.40. Looking at my invoice now they have charged me 40.32euro for the boots with shipping on top of that. All the other items in the order have also increased in price??? Whats the story there?

That's exactly 20% higher. Are the other items the same?

Was there a discount which wasn't applied?
    Or were you somehow being quoted the price before VAT (UK VAT is 20%).

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Email sportsdirect about it[/QUOTE

goodluck emailing them, I have never encountered such a poor customer service from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

MOH wrote: »
    That's exactly 20% higher. Are the other items the same?

Was there a discount which wasn't applied?
    Or were you somehow being quoted the price before VAT (UK VAT is 20%).

Sorted I think. I was charged the original price quoted at checkout but when I go into my orderd items the invoice there is for a different increased amount. Items dispatched this morning and original amount is on the invoice..

Advertisement