Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place For Older Groupsets

Options
  • 08-06-2020 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have an old Claud Butler bike at home and it would be lovely to do it up. My aim would be to restore it and use it as my bike for casual rides especially with the ever expanding greenway in the midlands. It doesn’t need anything fancy, something along the lines of the Tiagra 4700 groupset would be ideal if the price was right.

Where is my best bet to find older groupsets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk/

That website was recommended to me here on boards. I only wanted a derailleur, so not sure if they do full groupsets

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iQuain

cletus wrote: »
    https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk/

That website was recommended to me here on boards. I only wanted a derailleur, so not sure if they do full groupsets

Thanks for the suggestion, had a quick look there and didn’t see any groupsets but as long as the prices aren’t bad I’d do the due diligence and manually find all the parts myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you could also post up a wanted ad in the cycling adverts subforum here. many people have luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iQuain

you could also post up a wanted ad in the cycling adverts subforum here. many people have luck with that.

Will do, thank you. I was so busy thinking about trying to find a business that sells them that I neglected things like adverts too! I think I need more caffeine...

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Plenty of us here are spanner-wielders; by our very nature we tend to end up with boxes of spare, usable parts.

Post a wanted list and you may strike it lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement