Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding 2 additional PhotoCells CAME

Options
  • 08-06-2020 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

currently I have 2 x photocells on my pilars, but would like to add 2 additional photocells inside the gates for safety, incase the gates are closing and someone / a car approcahes from the inside they wont stop closnig untill you pass the photocells on the pilars

Does anyone know is there much to adding in these extra cells, I have tracked all the wiring for the existing 2 x photocells. I know there is a TX and RX on either side.

I can run cables back to box and mount the photocells.

Any advise is welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

tech wrote: »
    currently I have 2 x photocells on my pilars, but would like to add 2 additional photocells inside the gates for safety, incase the gates are closing and someone / a car approcahes from the inside they wont stop closnig untill you pass the photocells on the pilars

Does anyone know is there much to adding in these extra cells, I have tracked all the wiring for the existing 2 x photocells. I know there is a TX and RX on either side.

I can run cables back to box and mount the photocells.

Any advise is welcome

Thanks

Very easy. They are wired in series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Can you give me some more details please

Can you give me some more details please

Run your cable back from each new photo cell positions to the main board. You will use cores for power and a contact.

Power to both cells

Connect another pair to the cells contact

Then at the board you need to connect one leg of your existing photocells (remove from board contact) to one leg of your new ones so its a joint. The other new leg goes into the boards contact with the other existing leg.

I'm sorry if i explained that badly. I will see if i can upload a sketch and you will see exactly what i am talking about.

Iv attached a terrible sketch. Hopefully it uploads and makes sense.

OK so I have traced all the cables , so can I add the 2 x new photocells into same connections as the exisitng 2

or do they need to be configure differently?

see below
    [IMG][/img]Panel-Wiriing.jpg
    CEll-Wiring.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    TXCell.jpg
    RXCell.jpg

• Advertisement

Find the exisiting eyes pair of cores. You leave one leg of the existing eye in the terminal board. Remove the other leg on the existing pair from the terminal. That leg gets jointed to whatever colour you are using for your new eye (contact) Then the other core on that same pair for your new eye goes into the terminal. When you connect your new eye your circuit should be complete.

So basically your circuit travels from the boards terminal (2) through the first eyes contact back up to the board where you jointed it then goes back out to the other eyes contact and back up to the boards other terminal (c1)

Terminals 2 and C1 might be doing different things on that board. Im not so sure as i cant remember on that board.

Do you have the boards manual? Do you have the eyes manual? If you dont get them online and it will make sense to you as they will explain alot better than i am.

I'm presuming you are wiring the new eyes straight to the board and not the existing eyes?

Yes straight to board is the plan!
    alta stare wrote: »
    I'm presuming you are wiring the new eyes straight to the board and not the existing eyes?

Yes straight to board is the plan!

Happy days that is the easiest.

anyone else got any suggestions Thanks

• Advertisement

anyone else got any suggestions Thanks

Does that mean you cant get it going.......it is fairly simple. Wire the eyes in series. Use the reopening during closing contacts on the board..... 2 C1.

What i have advised you to do will work.

Ive the kit ordered just waiting on the delivery !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'm not sure how you have the cable run into the photo cell, but a small plug of silicone around the entry point will help stop spiders getting in and causing havoc.

Had a few jobs where people complained the gates wouldn't close and couldn't figure it out for the life of me until me auld lad told me about the above. Spiders like to get in and stay cozy, but scarper back down the conduit when they feel someone opening the photocell. Just don't use too much!

How far back form the open gates should I place these photo cells?

How far back form the open gates should I place these photo cells?

Put them outside the swing radius of the gate as it opens so the gate itself doesnt trip the contact.

yes I can going to come back .5 of a metre form gates when fully opened

Advertisement