Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone else, I was not charged as it was classed as my first combined care appointment. My next appointment with the doctor will be at 14 weeks.

The appointment involved me giving a urine sample which the doctor used to confirm the pregnancy and also to confirm there's no UTIs or anything (I'm quite prone to these). BP was taken and also height and weight.

She recommended I get the whooping cough vaccine at 16 weeks (which will be free) and the flu vaccine as soon as it comes out this year (around Sept and that will be at a cost).

She gave me a prescription for folic acid to take on top of the pregnancy supplement I'm already taking as my BMI is close to 30.

I'm pretty sure I payed for my first app. But it was also my first time at that doctor as I needed to change from my old doctor anyways because I work in a diff county so it made more sense to be near a doc 5 days a week ... I dont know if that has anything to do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Hi all

Not sure whether to post here or not yet. I *think* I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. My periods are very irregular so I'm never fully sure. This pregnancy came as a bit of a shock, we have 2 kids, were talking about him getting the snip & had sold or given away all the baby stuff! After the initial shock we're both very happy.

I've had 2 miscarriages before so I'm still waiting I suppose to be sure that this will work out before I get too excited. It feels different this time around as with my other babies I had severe morning sickness from very early on. This time I've had none & I suppose that is making me think it might not work out. Otherwise I'm a bit bloated, a bit tired, my sense of smell is super high but really not a lot of symptoms at all. Clearblue test went from 1-2 weeks on monday to 2-3 weeks on saturday so that's something I suppose. I'll just have to wait and see but it's a torture! Planning for Panorama test in a few weeks & an early scan with that, it'll be a long month!

Hi Lemonposset only seeing your post now. I hope everything is going ok so far?

Is the panorama test the same as the harmony one? I have booked in for harmony the end of this month.

How's everyone doing? Any new symptoms at all?

I've had my early scanned moved to this coming Sunday. 80% very excited 20% very nervous! Hope it goes well. Just so glad my husband can come to this one as he will not be allowed into the Coombe for my 12 week scan.

With lockdown restrictions easing I've been invited to some small (boozy) gatherings over the next few weeks. Anyone else in the same boat? What excuses will you use for not drinking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I had a private scan done today.
    Going by LMP I'm 7w 6d and on scan I'm 8w 4d.
    When the scan first started she saw two babies, the same size. Saw a heartbeat 150. Said she couldn't find a hb for second baby but then the second baby disappeared off screen and she couldn't find them at all she said both babies are measuring same.
    She kept losing the uterus doing the scanning and said the second baby was gone behind and couldn't find it at all. Kept saying then one baby and one heartbeat.
    I'm confused now after it and my first appointment in Coombe isn't until start of August now!

youandme13 wrote: »
    I had a private scan done today.
    Going by LMP I'm 7w 6d and on scan I'm 8w 4d.
    When the scan first started she saw two babies, the same size. Saw a heartbeat 150. Said she couldn't find a hb for second baby but then the second baby disappeared off screen and she couldn't find them at all she said both babies are measuring same.
    She kept losing the uterus doing the scanning and said the second baby was gone behind and couldn't find it at all. Kept saying then one baby and one heartbeat.
    I'm confused now after it and my first appointment in Coombe isn't until start of August now!

Omg that does sound confusing. So it's not 100% confirmed that you're having twins? I wonder if you should get in touch with the early pregnancy unit in the Coombe so they can get you in for a scan to check....

How exciting for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

That does sound weird youandme13, if you paid for it privately then you should look for clarification from the company that did it. They can't leave you hanging like that, maybe expecting twins?! Did they give you a report or scan pictures?

I'm still not sure what's going on with me, took another test on wednesday that said 3+ weeks & I had 1 bout of nausea on thursday. Otherwise nada. I hate these weeks, wishing them away, I just can't relax until I know!

Panorama is very similar to Harmony test, I think the only main difference is that it can be done at 9 weeks instead of 10 for Harmony.

Hope everyone feeling well & enjoying the weekend?

That does sound weird youandme13, if you paid for it privately then you should look for clarification from the company that did it. They can't leave you hanging like that, maybe expecting twins?! Did they give you a report or scan pictures?

I'm still not sure what's going on with me, took another test on wednesday that said 3+ weeks & I had 1 bout of nausea on thursday. Otherwise nada. I hate these weeks, wishing them away, I just can't relax until I know!

Panorama is very similar to Harmony test, I think the only main difference is that it can be done at 9 weeks instead of 10 for Harmony.

Hope everyone feeling well & enjoying the weekend?

Yes I'm with you there, hate these early weeks.

We went for a private scan today and everything looks good which is a relief. 7w4d due Feb 17th x

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

Hope all you ladies are doing well! I had my early scan yesterday at 9 weeks 2 days but was only measuring 8 weeks 2 days and unfortunately no heartbeat!
    We are devastated but wishing you all the very best for happy healthy pregnancys and babies ❤️

Ewahstank wrote: »
    Hope all you ladies are doing well! I had my early scan yesterday at 9 weeks 2 days but was only measuring 8 weeks 2 days and unfortunately no heartbeat!
    We are devastated but wishing you all the very best for happy healthy pregnancys and babies ❤️

Ewahstank I'm so so sorry to hear this. I hope you and your partner are ok and getting whatever support you need. If you need anything just ask xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ewahstank wrote: »

Oh im so sorry to hear this. Same happened to me in March. Mind yourself x

• Advertisement

How is everyone feeling? Ive been feeling awful the last 2 weeks. So so tired and constant nausea. Trying to eat ginger biscuits, lozengers and drink ginger ale to help. Hoping it passes soon. 9 weeks tomorrow.

andreac wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling? Ive been feeling awful the last 2 weeks. So so tired and constant nausea. Trying to eat ginger biscuits, lozengers and drink ginger ale to help. Hoping it passes soon. 9 weeks tomorrow.

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow too :) Is your EDD 17th Feb?

Much the same as you - feeling exhausted. I have a few waves of nausea throughout the day but my appetite is huge - I'm reaching for all things sugary and sweet.

A few other forums have recommended those sea-bands you can get in chemists to alleviate the nausea - might be worth a try.

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow too :) Is your EDD 17th Feb?

Much the same as you - feeling exhausted. I have a few waves of nausea throughout the day but my appetite is huge - I'm reaching for all things sugary and sweet.

A few other forums have recommended those sea-bands you can get in chemists to alleviate the nausea - might be worth a try.

Yes around the 15th or so. What hospital or you going to? Im in the Coombe.

I got the ginger sweets from the chemist so im going to try those bands too.

Yes around the 15th or so. What hospital or you going to? Im in the Coombe.

I got the ginger sweets from the chemist so im going to try those bands too.

I'm the Coombe too!

Hope something works for you. Are you working from home?

I'm the Coombe too!

Hope something works for you. Are you working from home?

Ah that's mad. Im private with Dr Michael O'Connell, went with him for my first too. Lovely man.
    No im in work. I do 3 days a week and our office is well spread out so we aren't on top of each other, so it's fine.

Ah that's mad. Im private with Dr Michael O'Connell, went with him for my first too. Lovely man.
    No im in work. I do 3 days a week and our office is well spread out so we aren't on top of each other, so it's fine.

Ah that's brilliant you've got the same consultant as your first time. I'm going public so not sure what the story is! First appointment is August 7th.

I've been working from home and am looking forward to getting back to the office for a bit or normality. Can't lie though - the lunchtime naps are a real help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Hi! I’m popping in from the March 2021 group. I’m so sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I’m 6 weeks and feeling awful too. Like you, my nausea is constant. I started drinking a ginger and lemon tea yesterday and i felt a bit better after it. Maybe give that a shot too!

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Hi! I’m popping in from the March 2021 group. I’m so sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I’m 6 weeks and feeling awful too. Like you, my nausea is constant. I started drinking a ginger and lemon tea yesterday and i felt a bit better after it. Maybe give that a shot too!

Thanks a mill. Will look out for that.

Ive so much ginger in me at the moment, it's not even funny lol.
    I ended up getting those sea bands you wear on your wrists and think they may be helping a little. I also got ginger capsules in the chemist too, along with my ginger nut biscuits :D

How is everyone feeling?

I'm 11 weeks today and the nausea is just so bad!! Constant feeling of needing to throw up. And tired I'm in bed falling asleep with my 8 year old son every night I'm just exhausted!

How is everyone feeling?

I'm 11 weeks today and the nausea is just so bad!! Constant feeling of needing to throw up. And tired I'm in bed falling asleep with my 8 year old son every night I'm just exhausted!

I'm 10w4d and exhausted too. I can sleep for hours during the day and then sleep fully through the night. Never experienced tiredness like it before!

That sucks about your nausea. Hopefully when you're into your second trimester it'll start to get better.

Looking forward to the 12 week scan. Had an early scan at 7w4d and it just seems so long ago at this stage x

• Advertisement

I'm 10w4d and exhausted too. I can sleep for hours during the day and then sleep fully through the night. Never experienced tiredness like it before!

That sucks about your nausea. Hopefully when you're into your second trimester it'll start to get better.

Looking forward to the 12 week scan. Had an early scan at 7w4d and it just seems so long ago at this stage x

I'm the same sleeping from 9/10pm and when I'm home from work trying not to fall asleep on the couch lol!

I'm the same, have my first hospital apt and scan in 10 days, had a private one 3 weeks ago and feels like forever ago.

Any help with settling the nausea? I'm not used to these symptoms, with my first child 9years ago I was lucky as I had no symptoms!

I was in for my 2nd appt with my consultant yesterday at 10+5 and all is good thankfully. Back in on the 10th aug for my 12 week appt with midwife etc. Still feeling quite nauseous on and off. Really hoping it starts to ease soon as it's so draining.

I'm the same sleeping from 9/10pm and when I'm home from work trying not to fall asleep on the couch lol!

I'm the same, have my first hospital apt and scan in 10 days, had a private one 3 weeks ago and feels like forever ago.

Any help with settling the nausea? I'm not used to these symptoms, with my first child 9years ago I was lucky as I had no symptoms!
    Ive been taking ginger capsules, drinking ginger ale and nibbling on ginger nut biscuits along with using those bands on my wrists and i do think it's all helping a bit.

I was in for my 2nd appt with my consultant yesterday at 10+5 and all is good thankfully. Back in on the 10th aug for my 12 week appt with midwife etc. Still feeling quite nauseous on and off. Really hoping it starts to ease soon as it's so draining.

That's great to hear. Does going private mean more scans?

Did you mention the nausea to your consultant? Not long left in the first trimester - hopefully things will improve for you.

I'm getting the Harmony test done today so will have a scan done too. Can't help but feel anxious about it - just hope all is ok and heart is still going as strong as it was 3 weeks ago.

That's great to hear. Does going private mean more scans?

Did you mention the nausea to your consultant? Not long left in the first trimester - hopefully things will improve for you.

I'm getting the Harmony test done today so will have a scan done too. Can't help but feel anxious about it - just hope all is ok and heart is still going as strong as it was 3 weeks ago.

Yeah my consultant does one around 7 weeks then again at around 9 weeks before the 12 week one.
    I emailed re the Harmony Test too. Just waiting to hear back from them. Did it take long to get a reply from them? I emailed them yesterday.
    Good luck with it.

Yeah my consultant does one around 7 weeks then again at around 9 weeks before the 12 week one.
    I emailed re the Harmony Test too. Just waiting to hear back from them. Did it take long to get a reply from them? I emailed them yesterday.
    Good luck with it.

I had emailed on a Friday and got a response the following Monday (this was about a month or so ago). They only do them on Tues evenings in the Coombe.

Thanks a mill - I'll drop a post here if needs be but seems fairly straightforward. They said results will be in with them in 7-10 days. I'm going to ask them to include gender with the results.

I had emailed on a Friday and got a response the following Monday (this was about a month or so ago). They only do them on Tues evenings in the Coombe.

Thanks a mill - I'll drop a post here if needs be but seems fairly straightforward. They said results will be in with them in 7-10 days. I'm going to ask them to include gender with the results.

Ah great, good to know they are only on Tuesdays. Hopefully ill hear back soon.

All went well with the Harmony test. It was so nice to have an ultrasound and see how big the baby has gotten since 3 weeks ago. They measured me 11 weeks yesterday, so a day ahead of what the ultrasound 3 weeks ago showed. The baby was fully upside down which was strange but she said it's nothing to worry about! Here's hoping he/she turns around a bit for the 12 week scan!

All in all was in there for around 1hr 15mins. You pay first and then go up to the xray area of the hospital. There was 5 women in front of me. We were called one by one to have blood taken first and then one by one for the ultrasound. The Coombe seems great and the staff were all so lovely and helpful.

Results should be back at earliest Wednesday next week or could run into early the week after.

Thanks brosnan. Nice to get a run down of how it happens. Nice to get a scan too.

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing? Is everyone past the 12 week mark at this stage?

I got a call this morning regarding my Harmony test results. There wasn't enough of the baby's dna in the sample to get a result so I need to given another sample next week for it to be detected. Bit disappointing but I've been assured it's nothing to worry about and can be a common occurrence. It's possible I was tested too early.

Advertisement