Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese (Sumec) mower engine SE475

Options
  • 08-06-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Any know where I can find service info for this engine?
    Specifically need ohv valve settings as I reckon they need adjusting.
    The UK importers are absolutely useless - say they have no such information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Find the nearest Honda engine and use the settings that Honda give. I've several cheap chinese bits of kit and all the engines are Honda copies.

tbh I doubt you'd ever need to change the valve gaps but you should be fairly hot on regular oil changes as some of those little chinese engines grind themselves to bits with the amount of fine metallic particles you get in the oil. Some are OK you just don't know as the biggest difference between a brand name and a chinese copy is quality control.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Philm_12

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Find the nearest Honda engine and use the settings that Honda give. I've several cheap chinese bits of kit and all the engines are Honda copies.

tbh I doubt you'd ever need to change the valve gaps but you should be fairly hot on regular oil changes as some of those little chinese engines grind themselves to bits with the amount of fine metallic particles you get in the oil. Some are OK you just don't know as the biggest difference between a brand name and a chinese copy is quality control.

Thanks for that info! Backfiring when starting hot. In my experience (with B&S engines) that has been a valve setting issue. I’m not expecting this mower to be long lived but the hours on it are comparatively low so I am not ready to scrap it yet 😀. Thanks again.

Advertisement