Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand under decorative stone...

Options
  • 08-06-2020 3:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’ve posted about this before - wondering if a new solution might work.

So I’ve about a tonne of sand left over from a garden renovation and nowhere to put it. Shifting it out of the back garden would be a real pain - not to mention finding someone to take it away - so I’m desperate to find a way of using some or all of it.

With that in mind, I’ve a patch at the back of the garden that I had hoped I could use as a raised bed, but there’s not enough depth to grow anything in it and no real option of going deeper... my solution is to put some box planters in it and surround them with decorative stone/pebbles... and I was wondering if I could layer some of the sand under first with the stone going on top. If needs be I could put some kind of barrier between them too.

It would mean I could use some of the sand and also spend less on stone to fill the space... but am I just creating new problems for myself down the line?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Zen garden?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

New Home wrote: »
    Zen garden?

Not a bad idea - though the space in question probably doesn’t lend itself to it, and I don’t know if construction sand would be great for it either!

Advertisement