Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

/

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

A leeter of apology should be a sufficient compensation

Seeking a monetary amount is pure nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Compo culture in plain sight here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Compo culture in plain sight here.
    If it was the other way round and the bank didn't get payment for mortgage or direct debit bounced, would it be so accommodating, the OP cannot access own money for weeks and problem still not sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

august12 wrote: »
    If it was the other way round and the bank didn't get payment for mortgage or direct debit bounced, would it be so accommodating, the OP cannot access own money for weeks and problem still not sorted.

How is that scenario remotely the "other way around"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭micar

In terms of bank fraud, it should be impossible to add any other user to my account without my permission, a proper application and signatures etc, so I'm wondering if there's any legal action I can take against the bank for this?

Fraud??? What fraud has been committed.

Has someone tried to gain access to your account?

As a person who works for a life assurance company, I can amend anyone's address.

Have you asked how this happened?

Like others have said, get it corrected and moved on.

Why do you think you should get compensation?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement