Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh start wanted, What should I sell?

Options
  • 08-06-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all. Sorry if this is a noob thread, I don;t know much outside of this rig that I built 6 years ago.

I'm moving country in September, and need advice on how to go about selling my rig.

I built it myself in 2014 and waaay overpaid for it in new parts from amazon.uk. Its held up very well so far, only upgraded the GPU and changed monitors a few times, but I'd like a fresh start. I do want to build a fresh new rig at some point, hopefully quite high end, but I don't know when that will be so I don't want parts laying around gathering dust either. So I'd like to get rid of everything including peripherals.

However, I don't want to throw money out the window as well by selling parts for nothing while overpaying for a new part that isn't that much of an upgrade.

So, I'll just list everything I have.

Case
    Corsair Graphite 760T Full tower
    CPU
    I7 4770k
    GPU
    MSI GTX980
    Mobo
    Asus Z97-A Socket 1150
    CPU cooler
    Coolermaster Hyper 212
    PSU
    Corsair 750
    RAM
    x2 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    SSD
    Samsung 840 EVO 250gb
    HDD
    Seagate 2TB

ASUS DVD Drive

Peripherals

Acer XG270HU 27" 144hz 2560x1440 Moniter+Dell Generic 1440x900 75hz Monitor

Logitech G510s Keyboard + G500s mouse

Steelseries Arctis 7 Headset.

(Pre build with my brother in the back)

oJeJvdK.jpg

I don't know the first thing about 2nd hand pc parts, which is probably why I paid for everything new back then.

Is everything able to go for a good price eg. the case, mobo, psu,? What parts should I hold onto to?

Is it possible to sell the keyboard and mouse? And my Acer monitor, is there any point in changing that?

I know I should hold onto the HDD, but can the SSD go?

Since it might be a good few months, I'm not bothered holding onto parts that will be obsolete when I build a new rig. I'd like to be quite good, which is why I'm more partial to getting rid of all of this.

Finally, where is the best place to sell these things for a reasonable price?
    And any advice on how not to overpay for my next rig again in the future.

If I should post images of everything for this thread to get for attention and reader convenience, I'll do that.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Still a pretty decent PC but prices these days on new tech are so low that 2nd hand values have dropped significantly. You could build a PC significantly faster than your one now for about €600 brand new.

I just noticed as well the photo has the box of a GTX780, but you said GTX980. If it's a 780 the PC would be worth a good bit less.

Probably get a few hundred for the full PC, though generally to save the hassle I'd probably just sell it as a full set-up with keyboard/mouse/monitor.

It would be a lot of hassle to sell items individually and they wouldn't fetch that much anyway. Though obviously easy to sell the monitor or PC on their own.

Best place to sell locally would be either Adverts.ie or Done Deal. Probably get a better price on DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FRoZeNxPyRo

Theres a GTX 980 in it now, swapped that out a while ago.

So less than €600? Didn't know it would be that bad, since I paid a few grand for it. But I guess it has been 6 years.

How would I go about pricing it?

Thanks for your response

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I really can't see anyone paying €600 for it to be honest. Maybe someone clueless on DoneDeal possibly but generally speaking it's fairly obsolete at this point.

For example brand new for £500 you can buy a PC that's a bit faster than your one and is brand new, newer platform, etc.

Also for example someone sold a similar one here, 4770K with 16GB ram and a GTX1070 (much faster than a GTX980) for €500.

Advertisement