Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW30+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

How do I activate Bench Boost after doing the free hit?

You wait a week

Torn between these two options. Any advice?

FH Team vs UTs & TC Team

FH Team...

Leno
    TAA Baldock Stevens Doherty
    KDB Sterling Grealish
    Auba Aguero Abraham

UT Team...

Leno
    TAA Stevens Egan Doherty
    Grealish Salah KDB (TC) Fleck
    Auba Jimi

Subs: Fernandes Jota Fernandez

(Save FH, play tc and tweak squad for upcoming fixtures)

I really really like that FH team ;)

I do not like playing TC on KDB
    And you do not have ageuro

Benimar wrote: »
    I can only afford one of Aguero or Aubameyang and it’s a head wrecker.

I have cash tied up in TAA, Mane and Jimenez and want to keep all 3, so funds are limited elsewhere.

Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

thunderdog wrote: »
    team1.jpg

Latest draft. Going all in (almost) with 11 DGW players. Bench boosting into a WC the following week.

Hoping for:
    1. At least 1 Sheffield UTD clean sheet
    2. Mahrez getting at least 80 mins over 2 games
    3. Villa not getting hammered over both games (giving Targett a negative score)

Trent more likely to make more points in one game against an injury ridden Everton than Targett imo

McGinn also hasn't played in months (I know none of them have, but I would still question his game time). While DGW players are always tempting, you can't forget they are playing for Villa. Grealish only one worth having I think

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    I really really like that FH team ;)

I do not like playing TC on KDB
    And you do not have ageuro

I really like it too :) Right think i'll activate! Hope the extra outlay for the Blades wing backs will be worth it, it will be much more exciting watching them than the two CBs!

• Advertisement

I really like it too :) Right think i'll activate! Hope the extra outlay for the Blades wing backs will be worth it, it will be much more exciting watching them than the two CBs!

We are 100% going to end up with the same team
    Unless I stick with fleck instead of Doherty
    Which I probably will

Is there anyone a threat to baldocks place for rotation ?

km79 wrote: »
    We are 100% going to end up with the same team
    Unless I stick with fleck instead of Doherty
    Which I probably will

Is there anyone a threat to baldocks place for rotation ?

I don't think so and I read on Twitter that Villa have conceded most chances down his flank. Yeah not set on Doherty, think West Ham will score so will be relying on attacking returns. Just really want him in my team again at some stage.

A bit iffy on Abraham now, Giroid started the last friendly. Pukki would have been second choice but there's the uncertainty around who tested positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

thunderdog wrote: »
    team1.jpg

Latest draft. Going all in (almost) with 11 DGW players. Bench boosting into a WC the following week.

Hoping for:
    1. At least 1 Sheffield UTD clean sheet
    2. Mahrez getting at least 80 mins over 2 games
    3. Villa not getting hammered over both games (giving Targett a negative score)

I dropped Mahrez for Son this morning. Every time I get Mahrez he lets me down.

I wouldn't be so sure Liverpool are done once they secure the league.

I think they'll still be going all out to break all sorts of records on offer.

It’s very hard to see how they keep it up and still give the likes of Minamino, Elliott, Jones, Ox, Williams are all likely to get game time. That has to result in a drop off in results. Especially when it’s natural for the desire to drop off once it’s wrapped up

• Advertisement

McBurnie is catching my eye now. He had decent underlying stats before the break. Only four forwards took more shots in the box than him between gameweeks 22-29. Plus you have Villa and Newcastle being among the worst for conceding chances from set plays. High xG but no goals would be a concern though.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Arealred

1st post in forum.

Here is my team.

Henderson

Baldock, Lundstrom, TAA, Walker

Grealish, Fernandes, De Bruyne (c), Mane,

Rashford, Aubameyang

Subs: Leno, Mcginn, Saiss, Greenwood.

Am playing bench boost and hoping for the best.

Hard to know if there will be a load of goals due to rustiness or teams will hold back as fitness and match sharpness must be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Am I right in thinking the best way to take advantage of unlimited transfers this week AND free hit - is to make all the transfers I want with an eye on the next round of fixtures. And then after I've done that make more transfers for this game week, but select free hit, in order to get in lots of DGW players. Is that correct?

If so, what do ye think of this team for the rest of the season (not for this game week)?

Henderson - Button

Baldock--Soyuncu--TAA--Saiss--Hanley

Saka--De Bruyne--Cantwell--Mane--Traore

Ageuro--Aub--Jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Tusky wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the best way to take advantage of unlimited transfers this week AND free hit - is to make all the transfers I want with an eye on the next round of fixtures. And then after I've done that make more transfers for this game week, but select free hit, in order to get in lots of DGW players. Is that correct?

If so, what do ye think of this team for the rest of the season (not for this game week)?

Henderson - Button

Baldock--Soyuncu--TAA--Saiss--Hanley

Saka--De Bruyne--Cantwell--Mane--Traore

Ageuro--Aub--Jiminez

No. Any transfers you make this week before free hitting will not count and you will be back to the team you had before GW30+.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi all,
    posted it in general chat the other day that for some reason my bench boost was used while game was off....and I know I didn't play it so as someone suggested I must have pressed few wrong buttons inadvertently while phone was in pocket one day:(
    Only have 2nd WC and FH left to play.

Current team is
    Henderson Guaita
    Egan TAA VVD Williams(UTD) Fernandez
    KDB Salah Doucoure Fernandes Fleck
    Aguero Jiminez Jota.
    …....if all was equal and my BB wasn't gone I would prob have used the unlimited transfers this round and the BB.
    Looking at my current team I really think the only option I have now is to use unlimited transfers to load up on players like
    Grealish,Auba, Doherty,
    to try and keep up with possible large points hauls for other FPL players in my leagues....and then probably do WC in next round to build a team going to end of the season.

Is that best way out of hole I am in from not having BB which I had saved to use in a favourable GW coming near end of season?

really appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Trent more likely to make more points in one game against an injury ridden Everton than Targett imo

McGinn also hasn't played in months (I know none of them have, but I would still question his game time). While DGW players are always tempting, you can't forget they are playing for Villa. Grealish only one worth having I think

Cheers for feedback, yeah McGinn could end up being Cantwell. On a bench boost so both TAA and Targett will feature. I'd be happy if Targett gets 3 points. Possibility of changing Targett to a Norwich defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Green&Red wrote: »
    I dropped Mahrez for Son this morning. Every time I get Mahrez he lets me down.

Yeah I don't have the money for Son, but am considering Fernandes instead. I want 3 city players for the last game of the week on Monday night though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hi all,
    posted it in general chat the other day that for some reason my bench boost was used while game was off....and I know I didn't play it so as someone suggested I must have pressed few wrong buttons inadvertently while phone was in pocket one day:(
    Only have 2nd WC and FH left to play.

Current team is
    Henderson Guaita
    Egan TAA VVD Williams(UTD) Fernandez
    KDB Salah Doucoure Fernandes Fleck
    Aguero Jiminez Jota.
    …....if all was equal and my BB wasn't gone I would prob have used the unlimited transfers this round and the BB.
    Looking at my current team I really think the only option I have now is to use unlimited transfers to load up on players like
    Grealish,Auba, Doherty,
    to try and keep up with possible large points hauls for other FPL players in my leagues....and then probably do WC in next round to build a team going to end of the season.

Is that best way out of hole I am in from not having BB which I had saved to use in a favourable GW coming near end of season?

really appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

It seems the best way forward but perhaps you can consider putting a squad together for 2/3 GWs if you can see an advantage delaying your WC can bring.

I'm still going round in circles deciding what to do but I've no WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Could be going mad here but when I make all my transfers in/out, at the bottom of the screen, I am only getting one option 'Make Transfers'? - no FH button, even though I have my FH left?
    Am afraid to hit 'Make Transfers' in case it takes this as my unlimited transfers when all I want to do is FH.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Seaba wrote: »
    Could be going mad here but when I make all my transfers in/out, at the bottom of the screen, I am only getting one option 'Make Transfers'? - no FH button, even though I have my FH left?
    Am afraid to hit 'Make Transfers' in case it takes this as my unlimited transfers when all I want to do is FH.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Mine says play free hit above the confirm transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Benimar wrote: »
    I can only afford one of Aguero or Aubameyang and it’s a head wrecker.

I have cash tied up in TAA, Mane and Jimenez and want to keep all 3, so funds are limited elsewhere.

Sell TAA. No point having the cash if it's locked up. With 5 subs he is likely to be subbed early most games once they wrap up the title and the fringe players get game time to earn their medals. Personally I'm cashing in on the Liverpool players and going for teams who still have something to play for. TAA to Lundstrum saves you nearly 3m and the points may not be that different over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I think I've settled on this BB team, just can't decide on my last defender, mid and attacker. I have 15.7m to spend:

Leno/McCarthy
    TAA/Egan/O'Connell/Targett/?
    KDB/Sterling/McGinn/Grealish/?
    Auba/Aguero/?

Some options (not going to chance Saka):

A) Lascelles, Traore, McBurnie
    B) Tanganga, Fleck, Ings
    C) Hanley, Fleck, Pukki
    D) Lascelles, Fleck, Jota (or 6.4m attacker)

Thanks for the feedback on this lads. I've combined B and D and ended up with the below:

Leno/Reina
    TAA/Egan/Lundstram/Targett/Lascelles
    KDB/Sterling/Grealish/Fleck/Cantwell
    Auba/Aguero/Ings

Some of my thoughts below:

- McGinn would be lovely to own but I just can't risk having him with BB in play during a DGW. I also thought his stats were slightly better - 3 goals, 2 assists.
    - Lundstram vs O'Connell, I'm torn between a risk for big scores and a safe option. As I need to catch main rival, I'll go with the player with the higher ceiling, for now at least.
    - Fleck and Cantwell seems very light in midfield but it's an underwhelimg DGW anyway so I'm not overly fussed. Fleck has a DGW and Cantwell always has double digit hauls in his locker. These two cheapies enable me to have a better spread defence and Ings...
    - I think the third striker option is a toss up. I'm going with Ings as he plays Norwich, and he's the most consistent mid range striker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

touts wrote: »
    Sell TAA. No point having the cash if it's locked up. With 5 subs he is likely to be subbed early most games once they wrap up the title and the fringe players get game time to earn their medals.

Doesn't work that way any more.
    Champions get 40 medals to give to whoever they want.

You don't need to have played 5/10 games to receive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Have you activated bench boost? If so then free hit won't show up, even if you still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

McBurnie is catching my eye now. He had decent underlying stats before the break. Only four forwards took more shots in the box than him between gameweeks 22-29. Plus you have Villa and Newcastle being among the worst for conceding chances from set plays. High xG but no goals would be a concern though.

Also considering him, as someone who's BB'ing he perfectly fits the bill for someone to play this week, and then become 3rd sub after that. Would be there instead of DCL who has Liverpool this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Saw on Twitter that City played a training game at Ethiad a few weeks back, one notable participant - Leroy Sane.

Obviously just back from injury so won't be thrown in I'd imagine but another for the Wheel of Pep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Playing for fun now :D

Here is my go at my unlimited transfer team, not sure about the Villa defender anyway! Using bench boost too.

Ederson Henderson
    Targett Lascelles TAA Stevens Egan
    KDB Fernandes Saka Grealish McGinn
    Auba Aguero Jimenez

Plan on free hitting for gameweek 31 so I have this squad again from gameweek 32 onwards. Not convinced Liverpool will be all guns blazing once the league is wrapped up, but I can see them hammering Palace hence the free hit for week 31.

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1272827576696930304

Can go for Stevens and baldock now if that’s the route I decide to go

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Yes, temporarily lost it.
    In order to activate the FH, you have to press it first at the bottom of the 'My Team' page, and then make transfers.
    I went straight to 'Transfers' and expected it to be an option at the bottom of that screen when I made all my transfers.
    Thanks for all the advice.

• Advertisement

I am really doubting leno now. Think I will go with Reina instead

Advertisement