Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW30+ Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    I am really doubting leno now. Think I will go with Reina instead

Looking at the Villa Forums, Reina doesn't appear nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is now a straight choice between Rashford and absolutely no playing bench or Abraham and 4 cheap starting subs
    I am not sure Rashford away to spurs outweighs the niggling risk of a game being called off etc. Having said that .....Rashford and TAA are the only 2 of my starting 11 who will not have had a game after tomorrow evening assuming the other 9 start. It would be the most Pep thing ever though for him not to play one of my 3 city players at all.
    Might be better safe than sorry on this one

Benimar wrote: »

aaggghhhhhhh I just changed it
    Who else could possibly start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Nyland could start over him, I reckon Reina will be there'll be a decision to be made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

No. Any transfers you make this week before free hitting will not count and you will be back to the team you had before GW30+.

You sure thats correct? I was planning on doing the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I am really doubting leno now. Think I will go with Reina instead
    Benimar wrote: »

I'm fearful of him too, but might just stick with him, on BB.

Good thread here on it. Not sure how reliable the source is though.

"Crucially, there were two concurrent friendlies that took place on Wednesday. Nyland was pictured and videoed at the King Power Stadium with the B team. This implies Reina was with the first team as Steer only just returned to training"

EDIT: Villa vs SHU is the first game back. Hopefully we'll get some leaked line ups beforehand. Also, this helps me with Lundstram - I'd much rather he starts for the Villa game.

https://twitter.com/EdenZuckerBear/status/1271772527199649792?s=20

Back to Leno and most probably Abraham I go so

Thanks

Although I could just go Reina and Nylan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Back to Leno and most probably Abraham I go so

Thanks

Although I could just go Reina and Nylan :D

Keep an eye out for early team news tomorrow though ;)

For now I'm sticking with Reina and Leno. Reina is a good penalty stopper, and as for Leno, City like missing penalties :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm being tempted to bring in Rashford now too, and it's causing some headaches.

I was going with a front 3 of PEA, DCL & Abraham with money in the bank to do Abraham -> Jimi next week. Basically PEA & Jimi were going to be my strikers going forward with DCL & Abraham on the cutting block.

I want PEA, Jimi & Rashford and I could do Salah & Grealish -> KDB & Saka to fund it. I would be losing a lot of value in Salah, but I would also have 1.1m in the bank afterwards, plus an additional DGW player, with another potential DGW player. I think Salah is nailed on for a few games at least anyways.

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1272869232649408512

Loosely translated as “Rashford and Pogba will not play 90 minutes “

For anyone planning for rest of season Greenwood May be an ok option if planning on going 352

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

You sure thats correct? I was planning on doing the same

I was too, though thinking about it doesn't make sense to be allowed do both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1272869232649408512

Loosely translated as “Rashford and Pogba will not play 90 minutes “

For anyone planning for rest of season Greenwood May be an ok option if planning on going 352

The Athletic were reporting that 'Pogba had to win his place back in the unbeaten team'. I'm not sure if they said anything about Rashford though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

As if Pep ever needs an excuse to rotate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It nearly puts me off using the FH tbh. I could just get single gameweeks players with the unlimited transfers like Doherty, Son, Sarr that I want long term and keep the FH in case there's any postponements later on. And they might even outscore the City players with their single game. Ahhh don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You'd hope likes of KDB or Aguero would still play a part in both games anyway

It nearly puts me off using the FH tbh. I could just get single gameweeks players with the unlimited transfers like Doherty, Son, Sarr that I want long term and keep the FH in case there's any postponements later on. And they might even outscore the City players with their single game. Ahhh don't know what to do now.

This is why I pushed the button last Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Which team would you go with?

Team A
    Button - Ederson

Laporte-TAA-Baldock-Williams (utd)-Kilman

KDB- Salah- Grealish- Loftus Cheek (for the win) - Ghendouzi

Rashford - Vardy - Jimi

or team B

Button - Ederson

Stevens - TAA - Baldock - Williams - Kilman

Ghendouzi - KDB - Salah - Grealish - Loftus cheek

Aguero - Jota - Rashford

Team B leaves 0.7m in the bank.

Agueros hasnt been having a good season by his standards and 5 subs kind of implies he is looking at 60 mins max per game. (same logic could be applied to Laporte?)

Rockfish wrote: »
    I was too, though thinking about it doesn't make sense to be allowed do both

But why not? I can do ul transfers and play another chip but not my FH?

But why not? I can do ul transfers and play another chip but not my FH?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think I am settled for now, not sold on Villa at all, but have sort of lost any real interest in the game after the break so going for the most "fun" team. Also gives me a reason to watch the doubles on Wednesday

Ederson, Leno

TAA, Egan, Lundstram, Targett (not happy with this), Saiss

Grealish, De Bruyne, Fleck, Mount, Fernandes (not sure on him either)

Auba, Aguero, Samatta

Its a bit of coin toss this week due to the quick turnaround and lack of match sharpness players will have. Looking forward to a Jesus haul......and now I am contemplating him and Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

On the Reina topic, hes number 3 on the list of the Villa goalkeepers I want playing

1) Steer (may not be fully fit straight away after some time out)
    2) Nyland
    3) Reina

If not for Coronavirus, Reina would have 100% have been dropped for Villa's next game against Chelsea, given that his absolute howler against Leicester, was not a mere blip in an otherwise fantastic Villa career.

Steer on the other hand, came back from loan last January, got into the team at the end of February. After which, Villa went on a 10 game winning run, and onto the playoffs of which Steer was a very big part.

Yes

Ah i see, thank you

Ah i see, thank you

Apologies for short reply earlier. Here is a better one
    You can only do one or the other yes
    My original plan was to set up for next few weeks with unlimited transfers
    And then play free hit (my last chip) to take advantage of the DGW
    However it has been clarified that all unlimited transfers would revert to original team next week then
    Pretty unfair that TC and BB can be used in conjunction with unlimited transfers but FH cant

CSF wrote: »
    On the Reina topic, hes number 3 on the list of the Villa goalkeepers I want playing

1) Steer (may not be fully fit straight away after some time out)
    2) Nyland
    3) Reina

If not for Coronavirus, Reina would have 100% have been dropped for Villa's next game against Chelsea, given that his absolute howler against Leicester, was not a mere blip in an otherwise fantastic Villa career.

Steer on the other hand, came back from loan last January, got into the team at the end of February. After which, Villa went on a 10 game winning run, and onto the playoffs of which Steer was a very big part.

Thanks that is enough for me. I am still not mad on leno though but may as well I suppose. Unless I double up on Villa keepers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

On the subject of goalkeepers, i seem to remember Ederson having made a few howlers just before things got suspended. I remember thinking at the time he might be about to be dropped. The break came at the right time for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thanks that is enough for me. I am still not mad on leno though but may as well I suppose. Unless I double up on Villa keepers

Do bear in mind, that this is purely opinion based. Reina hasn’t been dropped at all and just because it was widely believed he would have been dropped for a Chelsea doesn’t necessarily make it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

Ive a free hit available, with unlimited transfers can I set up my team gw31 and then free hit for gw30?

skinny90 wrote: »
    Ive a free hit available, with unlimited transfers can I set up my team gw31 and then free hit for gw30?

NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

skinny90 wrote: »

No

Advertisement