Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW30+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Probably a dumb question but if I have already used my wildcard earlier in the year, is there any point in going heavy on GW30 players when I'll need to transfer most of them out for next gameweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Probably a dumb question but if I have already used my wildcard earlier in the year, is there any point in going heavy on GW30 players when I'll need to transfer most of them out for next gameweek?

Free Hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Free Hit?

Used in GW 15 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently have 3 irish defenders - Doherty, Egan, Stevens - seems wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Currently have 3 irish defenders - Doherty, Egan, Stevens - seems wrong

I'm leaning towards them too if I don't get any insight into Lundstram starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

munster87 wrote: »
    I agree with most of your predicted scores

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Haven’t looked at ff at all recently. Would it be logical to use free hit this week if I’m happy enough with my team otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

For those on bench boost with Reina. Any concerns over him either not starting or starting and conceding a rake of goals? I’m thinking a safer option might be Ramsdale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Some midnight oil burned last night but still struggling to get overly excited about it tbh.

Like a lot of people it seems I'm going with BB followed by WC within the next couple of weeks.

0.1m ITB and about 90% HEWT ...

Leno | Henderson

TAA | Doherty | Targett | Lundstram | Egan

KDB (C) | Mahrez | Grealish | Saka | Henderson

Aubameyang | Agueroooo | Jiminez

First time ever going with double Henderson....the 5th midfield option is a nightmare and all stems bizarrely from Villa not having a nailed on keeper.

Not a lot of viable options in that price bracket so have plumped for Henderson...he'll be pumped up for the Derby and might sneak an assist or a goal

Think I will have every single option in my team at some point today.

Was all set, but the Fleck rumours have me really wanting Mahrez as an option. Just love watching him play, and feel he can get many points in a 10 minute cameo.

As above though, the not having Reina as nailed, means alot of moving around to get him in (and losing Ederson, which my risk adverse nature has had all week)

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »

First time ever going with double Henderson goal

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is doing Mahrez - > Bilva in order to keep Salah a bad move? I want some Liverpool cover while they try to wrap the title up earlier and City may want to try save their peak for later in the year for the CL.

Salah & Bilva
    or
    KDB & Mahrez + cash

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

thunderdog wrote: »
    For those on bench boost with Reina. Any concerns over him either not starting or starting and conceding a rake of goals? I’m thinking a safer option might be Ramsdale

The risk of Villa conceding a rake of goals is always high. XG concedes was insane coming towards the break.

My feeling is that the people with Villa defensive coverage will require luck to shine on them. There is very little to suggest we will have improved defensively. It was largely the first choice back 4/5 getting pummelled in these games.

Unless Smith has figured out a lot from lockdown game film, we will need to score a few goals to win games which makes Grealish and Samatta attractive IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone want to talk me out of this madness? :pac:

Have WC and FH left so playing BB this week.

Ederson, Leno
    TAA, Lundstram, Egan, Stevens, Targett
    KDB (c), Grealish, Fernandes, El Ghazi, Saka
    Aguero, Aubameyang, Jimenez

Also, is there anyone 8.6m or under worth a one week punt instead of Fernandes (he hasn't the greatest fixture)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Benimar wrote: »

Ederson, Leno

Also, is there anyone 8.6m or under worth a one week punt instead of Fernandes (he hasn't the greatest fixture)?

Mahrez if you downgrade Ederson?

Ederson, Leno

There is no madness there, its a very solid team....pretty similar to my own

tailgunner wrote: »
    Mahrez if you downgrade Ederson?

Not sure Mahrez starts both games tbh. I reckon Ederson is good for 8 points across the 2 games.

Not sure Mahrez starts both games tbh. I reckon Ederson is good for 8 points across the 2 games.

Agree and have the same dilemma

Ederson is safe, but incredibly boring. Have had him all week myself.

Mahrez is the fun pick and has a much higher upside - he could get 8 in the one game very easily, especially with more subs allowed. Part of me is even getting tempted by KDB/Aguero/Jesus

Just one decision remaining now
    O connell or baldock
    Money difference doesnt really matter. I will have one playing sub now either way
    Baldock has better attacking returns
    But the potential for O connell from set pieces is apparently there.........but is he even fit ? Those rumours about himself and fleck have made me jumpy. They are just that though for now. Rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    O connell or baldock
    Money difference doesnt really matter. I will have one playing sub now either way
    But the potential for O connell from set pieces is apparently there.........but is he even fit ? Those rumours about himself and fleck have made me jumpy. They are just that though for now. Rumours

O'Connell is confirmed out as per The Telegraph.

EDIT: Fleck is also listed as a major doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

O connell or baldock

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/17/jack-oconnell-injured-sheffield-united-against-aston-villa/

definitely go Baldock.

Agree and have the same dilemma

Ederson is safe, but incredibly boring. Have had him all week myself.

Mahrez is the fun pick and has a much higher upside - he could get 8 in the one game very easily, especially with more subs allowed. Part of me is even getting tempted by KDB/Aguero/Jesus

for the dgw teams.
    There are multiple cheap goal keeping and defensive options
    Attacking options and especially midfield options are thinner on the ground.
    Don't be boring.
    Triple city attack
    Would rather be on the wrong side of the right decision than on the wring side of a boring one ;)

selassie wrote: »

Lovely thanks.
    That weakens them defensively though
    hhmmmmm
    so
    Baldock or Egan :D

Hmm this is getting bad, my latest draft had 4 Villa...

That O connell news has me a little nervous about their defence now. And having 3 of them.........

I am wondering should I go for Doherty and switch Jiminez to Abraham........
    I really wish I could just go for Alonso.....

Can't afford Doherty and Abraham without downgrading stevens to egan. Fell like I am messing around too much with it now. Best leave it...........still might switch Jiminez to Abraham though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have used up all my chips already.

Currently have my team at this. Any thoughts:

Reina
    Robertson TAA Mendy Egan
    Grealish De Bruyne Doug Luiz Saka
    Auba Mousset

Bench: Henderson Salah Abraham Doherty

Latest draft
    leno (button)
    Lundstram stevens baldock TAA (kilman)
    Grealish KDB sterling ( douglaz luiz , guendozi)
    Aguero Auba Jiminiez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

GBX wrote: »
    Have used up all my chips already.

Currently have my team at this. Any thoughts:

Reina
    Robertson TAA Mendy Egan
    Grealish De Bruyne Doug Luiz Saka
    Auba Mousset

Bench: Henderson Salah Abraham Doherty

Personally I'd start Henderson over Reina. Playing Newcastle at the weekend more likely to get a clean sheet than Reina v Chelsea. Salah or Abraham could outscore Luiz even with him having two games

for the dgw teams.
    There are multiple cheap goal keeping and defensive options
    Attacking options and especially midfield options are thinner on the ground.
    Don't be boring.
    Triple city attack
    Would rather be on the wrong side of the right decision than on the wring side of a boring one ;)

I sort of agree, but I need a keeper or defender with a good SGW fixture - max value 5.7 but preferably 5.4 (difference between keeping Lundstram over Egan if I put Henderson in goal)

Nothing pops out at me..any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Personally I'd start Henderson over Reina. Playing Newcastle at the weekend more likely to get a clean sheet than Reina v Chelsea. Salah or Abraham could outscore Luiz even with him having two games

Yeah, was looking from the DGW point of view.

Advertisement