Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paying someone to pressure wash during hosepipe ban.

• 08-06-2020 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can a pressure washer business go to someone’s house and connect to their water via a hosepipe and wash the house?

Also while you are answering this question...
    Can disabled people still use a hosepipe to water their greenhouse as they can’t carry a watering can?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Jonlate,
    Jonlate wrote: »
    Can a pressure washer business go to someone’s house and connect to their water via a hosepipe and wash the house?

Also while you are answering this question...
    Can disabled people still use a hosepipe to water their greenhouse as they can’t carry a watering can?

Thanks.
    Thanks for getting in touch regarding this.

You can find the hosepipe uses which are prohibited under the Water Conservation Order at the following link. More information is also about this order is available here.

A hose can use an average of 1,000 litres in an hour so please avoid using these where possible. More steps which can help conserve water can be found here.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to PM us and a member of our team will help.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jonlate

That’s great information but doesn’t answer my questions.

Can I company connect a hosepipe to my tap to pressure wash?
    And can disabled people still use a hosepipe?

PM SENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bopsy1234

I also run an external cleaning company. We need direct clear answers please. As a tax paying, limited company paying rates surely this ban does not apply to cleaning companies.

Hi bopsy1234, 
    bopsy1234 wrote: »
    I also run an external cleaning company. We need direct clear answers please. As a tax paying, limited company paying rates surely this ban does not apply to cleaning companies.
    The ban doesn’t apply to commercial use except for a number of specific prohibited uses such as watering gardens and filling fountains, swimming pools and artificial ponds. The full text of the Order can be found on our website. If your business involves power-washing patios/buildings, then the Order does not currently prohibit that use.

Nevertheless we would encourage businesses and homes to conserve water wherever possible given the drought conditions.

Thanks,
    Niamh

Hi Jonlate,
    Jonlate wrote: »
    That’s great information but doesn’t answer my questions.

Can I company connect a hosepipe to my tap to pressure wash?
    And can disabled people still use a hosepipe?

PM SENT.
    Thanks for sending us a PM. We have received this and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.

Please see the answers to your queries below:
    1. "Can I company connect a hosepipe to my tap to pressure wash?"
    Yes. If a business involves power-washing patios/buildings, then the Order does not currently prohibit that use.

2. "And can disabled people still use a hosepipe?"
    The use of a hosepipe is prohibited for watering a garden and other non essential uses. You can read the full Water Conservation order here. Gardens can be watered using a handheld container, bucket or similar.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Advertisement
Advertisement