Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How safe is the London Underground regarding the Covid-19 virus?

Options
  • 08-06-2020 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Probably not very I assume?. Was due to travel to London in April but it obviously fell through. I'm wondering if it's realistic even in the later part of this year but I doubt it. I live with someone who is elderly and not in great health either. I'd say the Underground plus Euston and Victoria Stations would be very challenging to navigate safely?.
    Thoughts appreciated
    S:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Face coverings are mandatory on public transport in England from next week, they are worn far more often at the moment in London than elsewhere (rare in Manchester, more common in the supermarket!) simply because social distancing is so difficult. I would look to avoid peak times (7-10am and 4-7pm) if possible.

It really depends on what your acceptable level of risk is. The virus is in retreat in general, but the Brits have been utterly incompetent with literally every decision they have made during the pandemic to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Well ultimately it will be down to how many cases exist in the UK when you are traveling.

Hopefully in the later part of the year we will have almost zero cases. At that point then it will be very safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sussex18

Does know incidentally who the UK consumer complaints body is?. I prepaid to stay at Jury's Inn. However I won't be able to go now because of the Corona virus, and my appointment as it stands is likely to be cancelled too, again due to the virus . However Jury's Inn in London have said that as the booking was paid for and cannot be changed, those were the terms under which I booked, that they will do nothing for me.

They might technically be right but it's awful customer service and would certainly influence whether I stay with them again.

Who might I make a complaint to does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sussex18

Is there any Covid test that I could do on or before arrival into Ireland would show if I had or was carrying the virus? And how accurate are they? If I made for fairly essential matters next year. What's London like now incidentally?

Advertisement