Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to calculate duty on importing material

Options
  • 08-06-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I plan to manufacture some components outside the Eu, but before I go ahead with it I would like to see what rate of duty I am liable to pay to make sure it’s viable.

I’m finding it quite hard to figure out what category it should be in (quite difficult to navigate website).

I can’t seem to find any phone contact details for customs. Has anyone been through this before and been able to decipher how to calculate duty? (Or am I being completely naive thinking this is a simple task?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

Do you use or plan to use a freight forwarder? They should be able to help. There is a customs office in Nenagh I think that should also be able to help. I think the number is 1890 204304.

Advertisement