Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning before leaving house

Options
  • 08-06-2020 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Please share what level of cleaning is sufficient. My LL is pushing me to. use professional services.

1. Am I supposed to clean windows from outside (not accessible unless a ladder is given).

2. He is suggesting he had used professional cleaners. May be - but I have photos of house in mess, either they did not do their job or he is bluffing

I do not mind arranging window cleaning from outside and all which is reasonable. However, he is misrepresenting in respect of leaving house in exact same condition.

Expectation is normal wear & tear is expected. If I share pics of his original house, you will realise what I mean. You give someone a used car and expect a brand new car. What a shame.

How such landlord sleep in peace? Seems they have no value system, no ethics even under COVID situation.

We should create a list of such properties. At least people in future will not suffer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Clean the house, its a perfectly reasonable thing to ask.

A window cleaner is little money and if the windows need cleaning, have them cleaned. From the sounds of it the house is not clean, you know its not clean. Either scrub it yourself or pay someone to do it.

literally everything you wrote beyond point 2 means nothing, its senseless ranting, even if it wasn't clean to begin with, hand it back clean.

I spent 3 days scrubbing my rental apartment that the person said they had cleaned. It was filthy. Sorry, I have zero sympathy for you but lots for your landlord who will have to clean up after your mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Iaminthegame

Clean the house, its a perfectly reasonable thing to ask.

A window cleaner is little money and if the windows need cleaning, have them cleaned. From the sounds of it the house is not clean, you know its not clean. Either scrub it yourself or pay someone to do it.

literally everything you wrote beyond point 2 means nothing, its senseless ranting, even if it wasn't clean to begin with, hand it back clean.

I spent 3 days scrubbing my rental apartment that the person said they had cleaned. It was filthy. Sorry, I have zero sympathy for you but lots for your landlord who will have to clean up after your mess.

I would rather hire someone if I had to work for 3 days - Damn I can imagine rubbish conditions you would have created. Financial jobs pay us really well - You get what you give to others. Next time clean your house for 5 days, may be 10.

We live like humans and maintain it well. So you rent a car with dents and give it back with painted afresh or you rent a car with used ties and give it back with new tyres or dry-clean it before you hand it over. If you do, lol...lol...lol.lol. You can only talk and preach.

Do you have some basic IQ? If I was planning to leave house in mess why would I ask for hiring window cleaners? Mr Genius - House is already in spotless condition except for issues which are beyond normal cleaning and existed from day 1. How will you clear wooden flooring marks? External Walls Marks? Internal walls mould? Any idea MR GENIUS? lol..lol..lol. All documented.

You must be one of those who give in like a little boy. RTB supports us but you are acting like a king giving own rulings - WHO CARES MAN? I do not. lol..lol

I'm not Mr Gandhi who said offer second cheek, if someone slaps you once.

IQ means intelligent quotient. lol....Hope you know this much. Symphty from you, a person who needs to clear mess for 3 days. I pity you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Iaminthegame

Man, easy to see your thought process from such contrasting view points. 3 days to clean a house seriously. Even kids in my family have better managed rooms.

Then you compare your case to mine. We all know you now own a house, so no more a tenant. Is this prep work for being a landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Serious question, are you ok?

Thats some way out of proportion reaction to being told yes, you need to clean the house and the windows. I understand thats not what you wanted to hear, but having a go at me personally is not cool. Ive reported your post. Have a good life, I wish you the best with whatever you have going on in your life that made you that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would rather hire someone if I had to work for 3 days - Damn I can imagine rubbish conditions you would have created. Financial jobs pay us really well - You get what you give to others. Next time clean your house for 5 days, may be 10.

We live like humans and maintain it well. So you rent a car with dents and give it back with painted afresh or you rent a car with used ties and give it back with new tyres or dry-clean it before you hand it over. If you do, lol...lol...lol.lol. You can only talk and preach.

Do you have some basic IQ? If I was planning to leave house in mess why would I ask for hiring window cleaners? Mr Genius - House is already in spotless condition except for issues which are beyond normal cleaning and existed from day 1. How will you clear wooden flooring marks? External Walls Marks? Internal walls mould? Any idea MR GENIUS? lol..lol..lol. All documented.

You must be one of those who give in like a little boy. RTB supports us but you are acting like a king giving own rulings - WHO CARES MAN? I do not. lol..lol

I'm not Mr Gandhi who said offer second cheek, if someone slaps you once.

IQ means intelligent quotient. lol....Hope you know this much. Symphty from you, a person who needs to clear mess for 3 days. I pity you.

If you don't want advice, don't post. Thread locked. Do not attempt to recreate it, or similar - and this is a final warning about your posting style also.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement