Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using the sagemcom and f2000 together

• 08-06-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

we got our line upgraded to the ftth from fttc.

we were orginally using the f2000 router was grand in the house, never had any issues with it, but this new one they gave us is not great and was forced to change the setup we were running before as the router was upstairs but they brought the fibre optic downstairs in to the lounge.

we werent able to pick up the wireless upstairs off the new router so i found a link that allowed me to set the old f2000 router as WiFi access point for upstairs.
    it works alright but connection is maxed out at 100mb instead of the 1gb and my iptv/youtube/ rte player doesnt work either on wifi or lan yet netflix does. (sony andriod smart tv).

is there a way of using the old router in bridged mode with the one or am i better of using a differnet one. i bought the tp-link archer c7 but havent opened it yet.

any help greatly appreicated cheers.

this was the link i used
    https://editorsean.com/articles/configure-unused-eir-f2000-router-wi-fi-access-point/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It should be working, and it should be 1G not 100Mb. How are the two linked together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

ED E wrote: »
    It should be working, and it should be 1G not 100Mb. How are the two linked together?

Connected by an Ethernet cable plugged into lan 1 port on both routers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Surely you plug the cable into the WAN port on the F2000?
    From memory, I think it's a blue port

Mad_Mike wrote: »

With the way it’s set up as WiFi access point the guide said to plug it in the lan ports. But If there’s a way to set the two up in bridge mode then I assume it’s plugged into the wan port.

Mad_Mike wrote: »

No.

Wan port will double NAT it. Lan is correct. You shouldnt need to bridge anything, it should just work as an AP when configured correctly.

The some loading some not makes me wonder if its v6 vs v4. Try making sure IPv6 is off on BOTH devices.

• Advertisement

No.

Wan port will double NAT it. Lan is correct. You shouldnt need to bridge anything, it should just work as an AP when configured correctly.

The some loading some not makes me wonder if its v6 vs v4. Try making sure IPv6 is off on BOTH devices.

Sorry on the delay on this. Had to wait till housemates weren’t using the internet.
    I’ve disabled ipv6 on the sagemcom router and everything works on the tv again. So that’s fixed. Cheers.

Any idea why it might be maxed at 100mb.

Any idea why it might be maxed at 100mb.

Crap cable or cable thats only crimped on 4 wires instead of 8. In some cases sparks take shortcuts and split 1 cable into two connections that are then 100Mb limited each (if it was wired for you).

Crap cable or cable thats only crimped on 4 wires instead of 8. In some cases sparks take shortcuts and split 1 cable into two connections that are then 100Mb limited each (if it was wired for you).

I wired the cable myself as I used to do it years ago as a spark, so 95% sure the cable is sound. It’s a cat6 cable that ran specially for it. But I’ll check with a premade cat5 cable I have that I know works just on the off chance I haven’t crimped all 8 in correctly. Will let ya know tomorrow.

Just an update on this turns out my skills in cramping and terminating the rj45 plugs is pathetic so I changed it to rj45 Jack's and then used cat5e patch cables into the routers. Getting past 100mb now.

Nice one

• Advertisement
Advertisement