Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon consumer protection code violation?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭FluffPiece

That's what I don't understand, why are they advising me to cancel instead of them doing it? Another thing I forgot to mention is that they have told me they have plenty of them item in stock so if I cancel and reorder it won't be a problem? Why not just send me the item from their inventory?

Yeah it's definitely out of character compared to my experiences. From what you've posted,you've been on the receiving end of a poor experience for no reasonable excuse.

If it's a policy change from the top down, we could be seeing more of these experiences which would be a pity as when shopping online, Amazon would be one of the few you could usually trust to resolve any issues to a satisfying resolution usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

I'm not sure is that really relevant?

It isn't, not trying to be nosey just wanted to see what the price advertised is now and if it could be purchased at that price now.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's what I don't understand, why are they advising me to cancel instead of them doing it? Another thing I forgot to mention is that they have told me they have plenty of them item in stock so if I cancel and reorder it won't be a problem? Why not just send me the item from their inventory?

Because 500 is no longer the price. They are probably it for a 3rd party. The price was fluctuating, as you said. You had it in your basket for 500, but the price increased before your order was confirmed. The sale wasn't finalised (unless you have a confirmation that you haven't mentioned).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheDudeIsHere

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Honestly, I would agree. The only possible reason I can think of is the customer care team could all be working from home and with demand through the roof sales wise, there would be more volume of work for CS to deal with. It could be a policy now to not be as quick to offer resolutions like before. I'm just guessing at this of course, no way to back this up at all so huge pinch of salt needed.

I wouldn't cancel it if I were in your shoes and I'd be contacting them again looking for a better resolution. If they want to cancel it on their end, I don't think there's much you can do but I'd make sure it's them who cancel it. I wouldn't be accepting 48 hour updates either, I'd be insistent on a resolution. You might get nowhere but having been told already it won't be dispatched, you have nothing to lose.

Thanks that's very helpful, I will be onto them again but to he perfectly honest it's been painful so far. I wonder if they are working from home and their webchats are less monitored then usual, I've noticed spelling mistake after spelling mistake even with supervisors, it's strange and not very reassuring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

Thanks that's very helpful, I will be onto them again but to he perfectly honest it's been painful so far. I wonder if they are working from home and their webchats are less monitored then usual, I've noticed spelling mistake after spelling mistake even with supervisors, it's strange and not very reassuring

Out of interest were you using The Camelizer to track the price? The spelling issue is fairly normal in my experience with a lot of their staff.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭20/20

No because the supervisor today told me that they cannot honour the price at which I paid, so it still shows as pending in my purchases but I've gotten confirmation from them that they are not going to ship the item even though they've taken and completed the payment

Did you order the item from regular amazon stock or was this from amazon warehouse (returned item or damaged packing ) or third party seller ?
    You claim the money has been taken from the account, which nobody agrees with though. Are you just looking at your bank balance and seeing the money was deducted. You should look at a bank statement and maybe you will see the money is still there but on hold for amazon to claim once item dispatched.

It is only 14 days ago that the item was to be shipped but you have ordered and received many other things from them in the mean time, these were all shipped within 2 days and delivered without any issues. ?? Are you been completely honest here. Apart from face masks and hand sanitizer what sort of items have you been getting in record times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Your main problem with Amazon first day was dispatch date not item price,maybe they are sick to death of communication from Irish customers on non dispatch of items to Ireland on time

Mellor wrote: »
    Because 500 is no longer the price. They are probably it for a 3rd party. The price was fluctuating, as you said. You had it in your basket for 500, but the price increased before your order was confirmed. The sale wasn't finalised (unless you have a confirmation that you haven't mentioned).

Well as I said in my initial post the price had been fluctuating a lot in the days coming up to the purchase. I do have a confirmation email which was sent straight after the purchase which shows the price and order details so I still don't understand how this would make sence. I mean if I had logged out of my Amazon account and never logged back in again and waited for a delivery it would never come?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

what a load of crap if item moves couple hundred euros, they could easily been sold out etc, amazon only takes cash once they dispatch, moaning and crying for not shipping item no one will care. they have great after sales support, but given current times if something isnt shipped they have million legit reasons, so dont see a breach- unless they cancelled order you jumped the gun, as current dispatch times can take up to week or more, and if they cancel they have good reason.

20/20 wrote: »
    Did you order the item from regular amazon stock or was this from amazon warehouse (returned item or damaged packing ) or third party seller ?
    You claim the money has been taken from the account, which nobody agrees with though. Are you just looking at your bank balance and seeing the money was deducted. You should look at a bank statement and maybe you will see the money is still there but on hold for amazon to claim once item dispatched.

It is only 14 days ago that the item was to be shipped but you have ordered and received many other things from them in the mean time, these were all shipped within 2 days and delivered without any issues. ?? Are you been completely honest here. Apart from face masks and hand sanitizer what sort of items have you been getting in record times.

The item was bought from regular Amazon stock, as stated already.

I work in finance and know the difference between a pending transaction and a completed transaction. The funds were taken on the day and the transaction completed about 3 days later, still on my account now and fully posted, this one ain't dropping off.

Am I being completely honest? Would someone write that lengthy paragraph at the start of this thread for fun do you think? I ordered a dog leash and a couple of other small items under €20 and all arrived on time with prime shipping which is what I was hoping for the big purchase. Thanks for your very helpful post

• Advertisement

I do have a confirmation email which was sent straight after the purchase which shows the price and order details.

What date is on this email for arrival ??
    It will be the only green writing on the email.

scamalert wrote: »
    what a load of crap if item moves couple hundred euros, they could easily been sold out etc, amazon only takes cash once they dispatch, moaning and crying for not shipping item no one will care. they have great after sales support, but given current times if something isnt shipped they have million legit reasons, so dont see a breach- unless they cancelled order you jumped the gun, as current dispatch times can take up to week or more, and if they cancel they have good reason.

Nope, not sold out. The customer service reps and supervisors even confirmed they have plenty in stock during our webchats which was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well as I said in my initial post the price had been fluctuating a lot in the days coming up to the purchase. I do have a confirmation email which was sent straight after the purchase which shows the price and order details so I still don't understand how this would make sence. I mean if I had logged out of my Amazon account and never logged back in again and waited for a delivery it would never come?

The automatic initial email is a record of what you order. I assume it is automatic.
    If that order is accepted, they send a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail that confirms the order is accepted. This was outline in one of the first replies.

Logging in or out isn't relevant to any of that.

Okay so why am I out of pocket €500 now for 15 days?

The item is also listed in my purchases and says" we will dispatch your item as soon as possible" and "we'll dispatch as soon as possible and email you when we have a delivery date"?

It just doesn't make sense how could they not be violating any consumer laws here?

How come the statement above from Amazon was not acceptable to you at the time,seems to me that's a reasonable response from their point of view to deal with your order,on your opening post,you said when you ordered item, dispatch date came up with may 25th but later on in your posts you said they'd dispatch a.s.a.p.and email you a date of delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Debit Cards get charged straight away unless the item is out of stock then they are charged on dispatch (or maybe when the item is back in stock but normally dispatch and back in stock happen fairly quickly)

Credit Cards get charged on dispatch.

Thats how it works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

I ordered a TV from amazon on the 30th April. Paid for it with my visa. Its stated on the order details that it is 'bring prepared for dispatch' a number of days after I placed the order. The order is currently 'bring prepared for dispatch' even today.. The 9th June. Since I ordered the TV, I've been in touch with customer service agents approximately 15 times. They keep telling me they are escalating the matter, contacting shipping and will email me as soon as the order is dispatched. Two helpful agents tried to refund me to my gift card balance... Both times they failed. Horrific experience with them. Still waiting 40 days later. Will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Out of interest what did you try to purchase?

I tried purchasing a used lens which outrageously cheep but the order cancelled

pmcb wrote: »
    I ordered a TV from amazon on the 30th April. Paid for it with my visa. Its stated on the order details that it is 'bring prepared for dispatch' a number of days after I placed the order. The order is currently 'bring prepared for dispatch' even today.. The 9th June. Since I ordered the TV, I've been in touch with customer service agents approximately 15 times. They keep telling me they are escalating the matter, contacting shipping and will email me as soon as the order is dispatched. Two helpful agents tried to refund me to my gift card balance... Both times they failed. Horrific experience with them. Still waiting 40 days later. Will try again tomorrow.

That's very interesting, its pretty much the exact same experience I've had with them, each of their customer service reps was as unhelpful as the next and the item is still "being prepared for dispatch".

So did they say they will refund the full balance back to you via gift card and not to your visa debit card? Did you request it back to your visa debit at any stage?

How come the statement above from Amazon was not acceptable to you at the time,seems to me that's a reasonable response from their point of view to deal with your order,on your opening post,you said when you ordered item, dispatch date came up with may 25th but later on in your posts you said they'd dispatch a.s.a.p.and email you a date of delivery?

The 25th of may was the date the first supervisor I spoke to mentioned as the date my order should have been dispatched, this would have been a few days after the order, I never received an email from them showing this as a dispatch date though

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

The 25th of may was the date the first supervisor I spoke to mentioned as the date my order should have been dispatched, this would have been a few days after the order, I never received an email from them showing this as a dispatch date though

Curious to know where you find a dispatch date from Amazon? I normally can only see expected delivery dates but not dispatch.

• Advertisement

skinny90 wrote: »
    Out of interest what did you try to purchase?

I tried purchasing a used lens which outrageously cheep but the order cancelled

When you say the order cancelled did Amazon cancel the order or did you? Did you get a reason?

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Curious to know where you find a dispatch date from Amazon? I normally can only see expected delivery dates but not dispatch.

I have already asked the OP what the expected delivery date was. It will be printed in green on his confirmation email he talks about. But he chooses not to answer.

The conformation email I received states the below under the dispatch time

"We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item."

I have already asked the OP what the expected delivery date was. It will be printed in green on his confirmation email he talks about. But he chooses not to answer.

I chose not to answer your question as you don't seem to be very helpful but seem to be more interested in confrontation on an online forum than actually supplying any sort of help or useful information to me.

In the future I shall be more polite to people from call centres. They may have had to deal with the likes of you before me.

In the future I shall be more polite to people from call centres. They may have had to deal with the likes of you before me.

In future*

It's a good thing you don't work in a contact centre as you don't seem to be able to provide any useful information

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

The conformation email I received states the below under the dispatch time

"We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item."

Ok that's understandable - seems the product was out of stock.

Why would you cancel the order and pay the extra amount, rather than wait for the item to come into stock? Your order is still valid and will be fulfilled. I started a separate thread on slow dispatch times from Amazon for Irish customers, but orders are still coming....even if they take a few weeks.

Ok that's understandable - seems the product was out of stock.

Why would you cancel the order and pay the extra amount, rather than wait for the item to come into stock? Your order is still valid and will be fulfilled. I started a separate thread on slow dispatch times from Amazon for Irish customers, but orders are still coming....even if they take a few weeks.

Well it said that the item was in stock when I purchased it, it usually says if the item is out of stock directly underneath the picture on the listing does it not?

I am not cancelling and paying the higher amount. The item is not being shipped as the second supervisor I spoke to told me they cannot honour the price at which I paid.

Well it said that the item was in stock when I purchased it, it usually says if the item is out of stock directly underneath the picture on the listing does it not?

I am not cancelling and paying the higher amount. The item is not being shipped as the second supervisor I spoke to told me they cannot honour the price at which I paid.

Just because the item is in stock doesn't guarantee quicker dispatch and delivery times,it could be down to size of the items being given different transport arrangements,as regards Amazon not honouring their commitment to dispatch and deliver to you for whatever reason,they would email you to tell you so and cancel your order and refund you

• Advertisement

Just because the item is in stock doesn't guarantee quicker dispatch and delivery times,it could be down to size of the items being given different transport arrangements,as regards Amazon not honouring their commitment to dispatch and deliver to you for whatever reason,they would email you to tell you so and cancel your order and refund you

Well I just wrote to them again this evening saying I wish to cancel my order as I didn't wish to do business with them after this whole fiasco and now they are saying I cannot cancel as the item is in the dispatch stage even though a supervisor told me 2/3 days ago that they cannot ship to me and honour the price I paid.

It's a complete circus and I'm actually baffled about how poor their customer service is. It's been 18 days since I purchased the item now and nothing has changed. I will be applying for a full refund through my bank

Advertisement