Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To paint or not to paint (tired looking drive)

• 08-06-2020 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

So looking for some advice.... years ago we replaced our tarmac drive with a stenciled/ cut out concrete type with dyed color...supposed to be gray but as you can see it is not looking good.

How can I revitalise this tired looking drive? I was thinking of painting it with concrete paint from B&Q or the like? The missus saying that once it is painted then it has to be maintained regularly

Ideally would like to see the drive looking better than it is now.

Drive was never sealed by the way

What are your thoughts / tips!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That looks a hell of alot better than alot of dyed comcrete efforts.
    I wouldnt do anything bar powerwashing and getting the oil leak in the car fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

mickdw wrote: »
    That looks a hell of alot better than alot of dyed comcrete efforts.
    I wouldnt do anything bar powerwashing and getting the oil leak in the car fixed.

Lol you noticed the slight oil leak!

Don't you think the gray dyed look too faded??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I think it looks fine as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

If you drive on it, don’t expect the paint to last long on it at all. Once you paint it once you will be stick doing it forever, choose wisely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

It looks great I think, I would die for that finish on mine,
    you are taking on unnecessary work which will be ongoing: the boss is right

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It looks right. Its well finished. Just clean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you paint that, your off your head.

It looks fine. Maybe a clean with a washer, thats it.

Painting driveways is the absolute devils work.

Never paint something 'just because' , The reason is you will be 'just becausing' maintaining that paint for ever more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Agree with everyone, there's nothing wrong with that a bit of a clean up wouldn't fix. Painting that will create a world of heartache for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A quick pressure wash and it'll look a lot better, I'd say. The only concern I'd have is the white fake grouting in between the "tiles". You wouldn't want to go overboard on the washing I'd imagine or else that might get damaged. Probably best to try it out on a bit of the driveway that's out of sight first to get an idea.

Advertisement