Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM Manifesto Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Odhinn wrote: »
    What are these "white apects" of society?

White Euro-American culture, history and institutions. Understand, I agree with many of the reforms listed above and recognise the areas where black communities have been systematically discriminated against.

I don't, however, feel ashamed for my background, nor guilt for the circumstances of my birth. They don't seek equality, they seek primacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

White Euro-American culture, history and institutions. Understand, I agree with many of the reforms listed above and recognise the areas where black communities have been systematically discriminated against.

I don't, however, feel ashamed for my background, nor guilt for the circumstances of my birth. They don't seek equality, they seek primacy.

I don't think so, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It's also worth remembering that BLM does not "speak for" black people in the States (or anywhere else for that matter) as if they're some homogenous group with a hive mind...although admittedly that is the DNC's view of black folk.

Who is funding them do you know? Also I wonder who it was exactly that came up with those demands and decided that they can speak for every black person in the country, without any discussion with communities? No ballots, polls, feedback etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Who is funding them do you know?

I dont know. But my spider-senses tell me there is a good chance that themselves and antifa receive support, financial or otherwise, from unknown sources (No, not Soros).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I dont know. But my spider-senses tell me there is a good chance that themselves and antifa receive support, financial or otherwise, from unknown sources (No, not Soros).

perhaps they will run in elections? They will need to disclose donations then (I think). Do BLM have ambitions of running in elections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They are basically proposing to introduce a similar system to what we have. Be soft on crime, hamstringing police on being effective, have U18s practically immune from being convicted of crimes. That has been a rip roaring success :pac:

I think they will eventually go down the London route of the softly-softly approach. Ending stop and search etc. All a disaster.

I genuinely think that leaders want their areas to become true ****holes, how they can gain from it politically. I'm starting to think that people from these areas are starting to realise this too.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That is not a "Manifesto" for "Black Lives Matter"

It's a Manifesto for The "Movement for Black Lives" ("M4BL")- which seems to be an organisation that is independent of BLM

They basically want a return to the policing model which saw 80s new york as a cesspit of crime where nobody was safe.

I see nothing in that manifesto about looking for educatuon and alternative training to keep young black people awa from crime, I see nothing about access to business loans or promotion of job opportunities and businesses in the community.

Reads like a pavee point manifesto

Exactly. There's absolutely nothing about improving the quality of life for Black people within black culture. Nothing about the destructive elements of Black culture such as single mothers, domestic violence, drugs, criminal organisations, peer pressure, school dropouts, etc.

All the problems are external. It's everyone else's fault that they are this way. Which is why this is a pipedream in terms of actually helping black people in the US, because there is no interest in resolving the root issues within black culture in the US.

Think of any movie/film directed by a black person, and you'll see a host of social issues which are connected directly to their own culture... but you won't see BLM or most Black activists seeking help to resolve them. Instead, the focus is entirely about their oppressors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

So they just want a free pass for all criminal activity?

Pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Beasty wrote: »
    That is not a "Manifesto" for "Black Lives Matter"

It's a Manifesto for The "Movement for Black Lives" ("M4BL")- which seems to be an organisation that is independent of BLM

The left do love a schism!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Any person that comes up to you wanting you to look at any sort of "manifesto" is a good indication to run as far away from that person as fast as you can

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose this could go under manifesto
    It's from Louisville-based Black Lives Matter leader Chanelle Helm
    White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the **** they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
    https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/chanelle-helm-black-lives-matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the **** they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Nozebleed wrote: »

3. If .....

I'll get right on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, it's so crazy I seriously doubt it's really real.

But it is from the book "The Rise of White Patriarchal Nationalism: A Personal Journey" by Daniel Gregg, also author of "How to Capture and Tame a Wild China Girl"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Didn't they end this with you're still racist no matter what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's not about equality, it's a desire for revenge and the opportunity to be the ones holding the whip. The worst part are the simperong idiots in the white community who agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

biko wrote: »
    I suppose this could go under manifesto
    It's from Louisville-based Black Lives Matter leader Chanelle Helm

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/chanelle-helm-black-lives-matter

This is where it will fall apart, and 4 more years for the orange arsehole.

It's not about equality, it's a desire for revenge and the opportunity to be the ones holding the whip. The worst part are the simperong idiots in the white community who agree with this.

It's actually worse, because the US holds such an important position within the western world. Oh, I know many on boards will get outraged by the idea of a western world, but that's only because they've never spend extensive time outside of western nations. The point being that the achievement of these "goals" or anything similar will weaken the US significantly, simply because they'll be wasting so many resources on civil instability.

The BLM achieving it's goals won't mean the end of it's movement. Feminism didn't disappear when they achieved equality. Instead, their objectives shifted to cover a broader sense of discrimination, and needs to become "more equal". It'll be the same with BLM or any black rights movement, simply because they're following the same book for change.

Feminism began the issues of identity politics in the US through arguments/debates and theoretical papers in academia which were pushed into the public consciousness, later spawning the push for PC behavior/controls. A successful BLM movement will do the same with racism, especially since the idea that White people can't be discriminated against or understand racism, has already been established within many people. It's become accepted by many, especially within university campuses, who after graduation will become the next managers, psychologists, doctors, solicitors, and politicians. It will become established within the framework of society, just as, many aspects of feminist ideology did.... even as people were dismissing it as crackpot rubbish.

The problem is that these movements are so shortsighted. Or perhaps they don't care. Radical change doesn't stay tightly bound within the framework of the original thinkers. It's going to grow, change, and become something else entirely. TBH I suspect it will spawn what they're seeking to destroy. A genuine response to racist accusations by being truly racist. Not as the KKK or such, but something much worse.

And the rest of the world will feel the effects of that friction. And it will spread like a cancer throughout western culture. The BLM or those protesting in Ireland/UK is a good indication of that. The attitudes of those online arguing about US issues but finding/forcing comparisons within European culture, are going to make sure anything that happens in the US, is repeated here.

Which weakens us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's actually worse, because the US holds such an important position within the western world. Oh, I know many on boards will get outraged by the idea of a western world, but that's only because they've never spend extensive time outside of western nations. The point being that the achievement of these "goals" or anything similar will weaken the US significantly, simply because they'll be wasting so many resources on civil instability.

The BLM achieving it's goals won't mean the end of it's movement. Feminism didn't disappear when they achieved equality. Instead, their objectives shifted to cover a broader sense of discrimination, and needs to become "more equal". It'll be the same with BLM or any black rights movement, simply because they're following the same book for change.

Feminism began the issues of identity politics in the US through arguments/debates and theoretical papers in academia which were pushed into the public consciousness, later spawning the push for PC behavior/controls. A successful BLM movement will do the same with racism, especially since the idea that White people can't be discriminated against or understand racism, has already been established within many people. It's become accepted by many, especially within university campuses, who after graduation will become the next managers, psychologists, doctors, solicitors, and politicians. It will become established within the framework of society, just as, many aspects of feminist ideology did.... even as people were dismissing it as crackpot rubbish.

The problem is that these movements are so shortsighted. Or perhaps they don't care. Radical change doesn't stay tightly bound within the framework of the original thinkers. It's going to grow, change, and become something else entirely. TBH I suspect it will spawn what they're seeking to destroy. A genuine response to racist accusations by being truly racist. Not as the KKK or such, but something much worse.

And the rest of the world will feel the effects of that friction. And it will spread like a cancer throughout western culture. The BLM or those protesting in Ireland/UK is a good indication of that. The attitudes of those online arguing about US issues but finding/forcing comparisons within European culture, are going to make sure anything that happens in the US, is repeated here.

Which weakens us all.

"All you did was weaken a country Kaffee"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

If only there were countries in the world that are majority black for these people to move to.

not unless they can bring the welfare system with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

not unless they can bring the welfare system with them.

And the mask slips

And the mask slips

what mask slips, theres a huge overlap between any protest group and unemployment. PbP, BLM, AAA, whatever other acronyms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

These BLM thugs will be yesterday's news in a few weeks thankfully.

And the mask slips

I don't think it's a terrible thing to want to limit the numbers of black people coming to Ireland, or to associate certain negatives with their culture.

Individually (per my experience), most black people are lovely, there are many aspects of their cultures (specifically African or African American) which I don't particularly like.

In the case of US black people, i don't like the hip hop culture that tends to come with many of them, which encourages behaviors and language I find offensive (lack of respect towards women, calling people N*** or bitch, etc). And with Africans, you find many of them to be emulating what they perceive to be the cooler aspects of US black culture (the hip hop gangsta, or pimp roles, along with the language references). Sure, they're generalisations, but considering the topic generalisations are hard to avoid for any kind of discussion.

The truth is that in many cases I don't like their attitudes. Many. Not all. I have black friends who are from Africa, or the US who don't conform to the stereotypes and who are awesome IMO. However, the vast majority that I have encountered do conform to certain aspects of the stereotypes. That included when I traveled across the Eastern side of Africa. While I enjoyed meeting most of them individually (males), I found them difficult to deal with when in a group.

People push this complete and utter acceptance too far. I feel that you should be allowed to be hesitant about other racial groups, or to have reasons why you avoid them. And the truth is you'll find many black people saying the same, if not worse, about white people and white cultures. There's a double standard at play which says that White people need to be completely accepting, but other racial groups don't.

In terms of immigration, when you travel outside of western nations, you'll often encounter people with racist attitudes, or those who are offended by your presence in their country... and who will want to limit foreign influence. However, for a white person to suggest anything similar, then their mask is slipping, to reveal some kind of monster. Double standards.

These BLM thugs will be yesterday's news in a few weeks thankfully.

Really depends on what happens in the US... but yes, probably a different crisis will arrive to shift attention. Modern living has ensured that most people have short attention spans. Still, they've gained a lot of influence and momentum from what's been happening, so even if they're not in the news, they'll still be pushing changes in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Really depends on what happens in the US... but yes, probably a different crisis will arrive to shift attention. Modern living has ensured that most people have short attention spans. Still, they've gained a lot of influence and momentum from what's been happening, so even if they're not in the news, they'll still be pushing changes in the background.

They can only riot and loot for so long before people completely turn on them. I think its starting to happen now. The Democrats vowing to disband or defund the Police definitely accelerated to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Disband the police now. Give the people a few months of community police organised by the BLM groups just to let them see how things work out. It will make Covid 19 look like the Teddy bears picnic.

Edgware wrote: »
    Disband the police now. Give the people a few months of community police organised by the BLM groups just to let them see how things work out. It will make Covid 19 look like the Teddy bears picnic.

look up the autonomous zone stuff going on in the US at the moment, their leader sexually assaulted another woman within 6 hours and another group declared themselves the police and bet somebody for graffiti and the homeless stole all their food. its quite the story playing out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

How realistic are BLM being here with their manifesto?

http://archive.is/dGyqs

We demand an end to the war against Black people. Since this country’s inception there have been named and unnamed wars on our communities. We demand an end to the criminalization, incarceration, and killing of our people. This includes:

1 An immediate end to the criminalization and dehumanization of Black youth across all areas of society including, but not limited to; our nation’s justice and education systems, social service agencies, and media and pop culture. This includes an end to zero-tolerance school policies and arrests of students, the removal of police from schools, and the reallocation of funds from police and punitive school discipline practices to restorative services.

2 An end to capital punishment.

3 An end to money bail, mandatory fines, fees, court surcharges and “defendant funded” court proceedings.

4 An end to the use of past criminal history to determine eligibility for housing, education, licenses, voting, loans, employment, and other services and needs.

5 An end to the war on Black immigrants including the repeal of the 1996 crime and immigration bills, an end to all deportations, immigrant detention, and Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) raids, and mandated legal representation in immigration court.

6 An end to the war on Black trans, queer and gender nonconforming people including their addition to anti-discrimination civil rights protections to ensure they have full access to employment, health, housing and education.

7 An end to the mass surveillance of Black communities, and the end to the use of technologies that criminalize and target our communities (including IMSI catchers, drones, body cameras, and predictive policing software).

8 The demilitarization of law enforcement, including law enforcement in schools and on college campuses.

9 An immediate end to the privatization of police, prisons, jails, probation, parole, food, phone and all other criminal justice related services.

10 Until we achieve a world where cages are no longer used against our people we demand an immediate change in conditions and an end to all jails, detention centers, youth facilities and prisons as we know them. This includes the end of solitary confinement, the end of shackling of pregnant people, access to quality healthcare, and effective measures to address the needs of our youth, queer, gender nonconforming and trans families.

Stop committing crimes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement