Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behaviour of Percolation Area during drought

Options
  • 09-06-2020 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'd be interested to get some opinions on why my percolation area is behaving like this. Please see photo.

Middle trench: overgrowth of grass above
    Right-hand trench: starvation of grass above
    Left-hand trench: reasonable growth above, overgrowth either side.

Just curious to know what's going on ....

Thanks!
    /M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Its just highlighting (greengrassing?) where your leach lines are and the fall on them.

The fact that the outer areas are dry (not green) seems to indicate that the area was dug out and gravel in as a base then used to cover the pipes with not a lot of soil put back on top.

The greenest areas will either be low points in the lines (pipes) or the sections nearest the input where the most water comes out.

I'm guessing you have 4 main leach line pipes connected to a distributor bar (a pipe with T pieces) and the the two middle pipes take most of the flow because they are nearest to the inlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Thanks.

It's 3 pipes/trenches branching out in a 'T' from the distribution box which you can just about make out in the middle of the picture.

I guess the conclusion is that the fall is no longer uniform between the three lines/pipes - if it ever was.

I suppose it makes sense that the middle pipe takes most of the flow.

Anyway, as long as the water doesn't start coming back up and lifting the lid off the distrbution box, I guess I can live with it.

Advertisement