Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike size for kid

Options
  • 09-06-2020 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out the size of my teenage son's bike so that when we go to get him a new one (he's outgrown this one), I can tell them in the shop the current size.
    On the tyres, it says 24 x 1.95.
    Does that mean his bike is size 24?
    Thanks.

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Yup wheel size which is used to measure kids bike is 24 inch.
    Next size up is 26 inch but unless hes not to small, I would look at a bike with 27.5/650b wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tony04 wrote: »
    Yup wheel size which is used to measure kids bike is 24 inch.
    Next size up is 26 inch but unless hes not to small, I would look at a bike with 27.5/650b wheels

He's 5ft 3 and a strong build.

To thine own self be true

29 inch is adult sizing btw but 27.5 would be used on smaller womens bikes and alot of mountain bikes

He's 5ft 3 and a strong build.

He probably would fit on a small mens 27.5 inch bike maybe even a medium if you put the seat right down, no point getting him something hell grow out of .

Advertisement