Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBP want to tear down stuff in Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,526 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Tell them to **** off and be done with it.

How civil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Do PBP even have elected representatives in Galway?

I know the perpetual student lad was removed from the ticket at the last minute for a misdemeanour. Do they have councillors or is this a wanna be trying to raise their profile for the next local or general election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Kewlings owners , Pat McDonagh or Larry Goodman better not have any statues put up of themselves or they’ll be pulled down as well over their minimum wage slave operations

TheCitizen wrote: »
    How civil

Says the lad engaging in personal abuse earlier in the thread. A ‘bit thick’ wasn’t it?

You ‘suppose’ they were? This revisionism is tiring and pathetic.

Yes I "suppose" they were, have you got a problem with that? Mao or Stalin in particular were ultimately tyrants and simply used whatever politics was around to suit their own ends, you're using that as a stick to beat anyone who is "Left" by the sounds of it. Would you describe anyone who is "Right wing" as the same as Hitler? I doubt it.

• Advertisement

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Kewlings owners , Pat McDonagh or Larry Goodman better not have any statues put up of themselves or they’ll be pulled down as well over their minimum wage slave operations

I’m sure they are all quaking in their boots after reading your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

How civil

Oh go and bollox. **** civlity. There was a time reason used to exist.

Shower of ****ing ***** who who see their way as the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Get a grip? :pac: Yep get a grip on statues of racist scum like Churchill and pull them down and dump them, that's what should be done. Same goes for statues in this country of anyone that had dodgy connections or profited from racism. In some cases add references to and context to some of these historical figures statues but in other cases just pull the statue down and stick it in a museum perhaps or melt it and do something useful with the metal.

Yeeaaaahh f*ck history!! TEAR IT ALL DOWN. LETS BULLDOZE AUSCHWITZ WHILE WE’RE AT IT. F*CK HITLER.

It’s exactly the type of moronic brain dead post I’d expect to see on 2020 boards.

Yes I "suppose" they were, have you got a problem with that? Mao or Stalin in particular were ultimately tyrants and simply used whatever politics was around to suit their own ends, you're using that as a stick to beat anyone who is "Left" by the sounds of it. Would you describe anyone who is "Right wing" as the same as Hitler? I doubt it.

If you can’t simply acknowledge that they were all left wing then I don’t see the point in responding to you.

I’m fairly sure that if someone tried the same argument regarding Hitler, claiming he was not ‘right wing’ but instead being a tyrant who chosen ‘right wing’ politics to suit his own ends, you would rightly ridicule them.

Yeeaaaahh f*ck history!! TEAR IT ALL DOWN. LETS BULLDOZE AUSCHWITZ WHILE WE’RE AT IT. F*CK HITLER.

It’s exactly the type of moronic brain dead post I’d expect to see on 2020 boards.

Actually if you read what I say later I think relocating some statues to scum who were racist or profited from slavery would be a good thing worth considering, but don't let that stop you having an old rant about it.

• Advertisement

If you can’t simply acknowledge that they were all left wing then I don’t see the point in responding to you.

I’m fairly sure that if someone tried the same argument regarding Hitler, claiming he was not ‘right wing’ but instead being a tyrant who chosen ‘right wing’ politics to suit his own ends, you would rightly ridicule them.

I'm not sure what you're arguing or what you think I'm arguing here exactly. I'm making the point that those mentioned by me in particular were ultimately tyrant dictators whether they were deemed Left or Right or whatever.

Oh go and bollox. **** civlity. There was a time reason used to exist.

Shower of ****ing ***** who who see their way as the only way.

:pac: How coherent

Says the lad engaging in personal abuse earlier in the thread. A ‘bit thick’ wasn’t it?

I didn't engage in "personal abuse", just cos you disagree with me doesn't mean you get to start telling lies pal.

I didn't engage in "personal abuse", just cos you disagree with me doesn't mean you get to start telling lies pal.

Okay mate, I can see that engaging with you is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

You come across as a protester looking for a cause and you seem clueless as to the identity of those people/plaques/statues that offend you. How about the Dublin monument to the Iron Duke?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    You come across as a protester looking for a cause and you seem clueless as to the identity of those people/plaques/statues that offend you. How about the Dublin monument to the Iron Duke?

Do i? How about it yourself? You brought it up?

I'm making the point that statues/monuments to those who were scum racists or profited from slavery should be relocated. That's my opinion, but you've got a problem with that opinion so you describe it as clueless.

Amazing that the suggestion to relocate monuments to scum racists and slave traders causes such opposition around here.

Okay mate, I can see that engaging with you is pointless.

Well I didn't that's just a fact. So if you're going to engage with me refrain from lying "mate", or just don't bother eh.

A poster who refuses to acknowledge that Stalin and his ilk were left wing on the one hand but in the same thread is happy to throw terms like ‘scum racists’ around... now that is interesting. The same poster who talks about this thread ‘hounding’ PBP?

Deluded comes to mind.

Well I didn't that's just a fact. So if you're going to engage with me refrain from lying "mate", or just don't bother eh.

The mods can decide, pal.

The mods can decide, pal.

So you wrongly accused me of engaging in personal abuse, and now you're going to run to the mods to sanction me because you accused me in the wrong? Hmmmm, says a lot about you pal.

• Advertisement

So you wrongly accused me of engaging in personal abuse, and now you're going to run to the mods to sanction me because you accused me in the wrong? Hmmmm, says a lot about you pal.

Where did you get the idea that I was wrong? Certainly not from me.

A poster who refuses to acknowledge that Stalin and his ilk were left wing on the one hand but in the same thread is happy to throw terms like ‘scum racists’ around... now that is interesting. The same poster who talks about this thread ‘hounding’ PBP?

Deluded comes to mind.

I didn't refuse to acknowledge Stalin as Left wing. What's your problem with the term scum racists exactly? Are you claiming racists aren't scum? I already said the term hounding was a figure of speech but I'm referring to the thread with a lot of posters attacking the messenger simply because it's PBP.

I find it odd that what they are suggesting is met with such opposition, what is so wrong with what they're suggesting exactly?

The delusions are in your mind.

Where did you get the idea that I was wrong? Certainly not from me.

You are wrong, you accused me in the wrong. What is it don't you understand about that exactly?

You are wrong, you accused me in the wrong. What is it don't you understand about that exactly?

You claim I am wrong. That is an opinion, NOT a fact. You also claim that Stalin wasn’t left wing, so I would be fairly sceptical of anything you claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I used to think PBP had potential but increasingly they have smeared themselves in the faeces of 'right on' politics.

There is no party for the working people.

You claim I am wrong. That is an opinion, NOT a fact.

I'm not claiming you were wrong when you accused me of engaging in personal abuse when I didn't; I'm stating as a fact that you were wrong about that. Got it?
    You also claim that Stalin wasn’t left wing, so I would be fairly sceptical of anything you claim.

I didn't claim that either. Is it your tactic to attribute things to people that they never said so that they then have to come back and refute your lies? An often used tactic right enough, you're not the first to engage in it, but that doesn't make that tactic any less despicable.

Got it? :)

Keep digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

well their Galway candidate Joe loughnanne did rip a girls phone out of her hand, theres form for it.

well their Galway candidate Joe loughnanne did rip a girls phone out of her hand, theres form for it.

What is that lad up to these days? Has he graduated yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Worse than the cycling threads

IBTL

Advertisement