Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBP want to tear down stuff in Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The graffiti is entirely co-incidentally, nothing to do with the PBP campaign. Clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,526 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Be careful, he is likely to engage in personal abuse.

Lots of ways to shut down debate isn't there, you're good at that I'd say. Move on nothing to see here...sweep sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

TheCitizen wrote: »
    You're snowflaking cos I used the word bullshít, really :pac:

I was replying to you claiming that issues around immigration can not be discussed. You are wrong; they can be and are discussed so long as in a respectful and constructive manner. You saying otherwise is bullshít, simple as that.

When the debate is hijacked by chancers like Grealish throwing around inaccurate figures then he's simply using the issue to get attention and support from the gullible.

Keep going....You'll probably wear them all down by this tedious whining....this issue is just the latest flavour of the week ...pounced upon by a self righteous, self regarding mob... like a flock of deranged pigeons.... will peck you to death with their endless harping on

Lots of ways to shut down debate isn't there, you're good at that I'd say. Move on nothing to see here...sweep sweep.

Nothing to do with shutting down debate. Keep it civil, not that hard to do.

southstar wrote: »
    Keep going....You'll probably wear them all down by this tedious whining....this issue is just the latest flavour of the week ...pounced upon by a self righteous, self regarding mob... like a flock of deranged pigeons.... will peck you to death with their endless harping on

Then they move on to the target then the next...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Arghus wrote: »
    Only on boards do I see PBP compared with Nazis and ISIS.

You guys do like to exaggerate.

At least the Nazis and ISIS had a work ethic :D

The graffiti is entirely co-incidentally, nothing to do with the PBP campaign. Clearly.

You're being sarcastic but no it probably isn't anything to do with the PBP campaign. It's a few kids who probably haven't heard of PBP who have been watching events in the US or Britain and jumped on board to engage in a bit of vandalism.

They're using the issue for their own ends to entertain themselves a bit like the way some politicians like Grealish and others use racial tension issues in a different way to further their own prospects.

southstar wrote: »

Who's whining exactly? This thread is about PBP seeking a debate on monuments such as the one in the Spanish Arch and the whining and whingeing has all come from those in opposition to even debating the issue.

It's a few kids who probably haven't heard of PBP who have been watching events in the US or Britain and jumped on board to engage in a bit of vandalism.

Did you witness the act of vandalism happen? You seem to know so much about the perpetrators and their motives.

Nothing to do with shutting down debate. Keep it civil, not that hard to do.

Aye sure thing pal.

• Advertisement

Aye sure thing pal.

Glad you got the message, mate.

Did you witness the act of vandalism happen? You seem to know so much about the perpetrators and their motives.

I don't think it would take much of a leap of the imagination to come to that conclusion.

I don't think it would take much of a leap of the imagination to come to that conclusion.

Thanks for clarifying that you made it up.

Glad you got the message, mate.

I was being sarcastic, for the avoidance of doubt, mate.

Thanks for clarifying that you made it up.

It's called giving an opinion pal, I never claimed it as anything other than that. Calm down there.

It's called giving an opinion pal, I never claimed it as anything other than that. Calm down there.

You have a tendency to exaggerate, don’t you?

First we were ‘hounding’ PBP, now I need to ‘calm down’?

Let’s not forget your personal abuse yesterday. I think you may need to take your own advice.

You have a tendency to exaggerate, don’t you?

First we were ‘hounding’ PBP, now I need to ‘calm down’?

Let’s not forget your personal abuse yesterday. I think you may need to take your own advice.

:pac: And you're accusing me of exaggerating?

:pac: And you're accusing me of exaggerating?

Did you use the word ‘hounding’? Did you engage in personal abuse? Did you post ‘calm down’ a few posts back?

‘yes’ times three will suffice for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys give it a rest you are only adding fuel to fires no need for it

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

You realise Ireland is a progressive European country which is much different than the US?
    - Free healthcare
    - Free education - with essentially unlimited access to 3rd level
    - Full employment (until recently)
    - Business friendly - if you want to start a business, there's free courses and grants better than most any other country on the planet
    - 100 years without war
    - English speaking
    - Cheap flights
    - Liberal laws around marriage, abortion etc
    - Excellent entertainment sector, nightlife, gig's, theatre
    - Easily accessible great outdoors within a short few hours of any major urban environment
    - Engaging, sociable, approachable people with a sense of humour
    - Secular society which protects the right of people to practice
    - Healthy food, clean water

There's lots of things which don't work, like most any place... but explain to me what exactly is it that you are looking to tear-down and re-work?

The main reason we have those is because of Americas unrivalled military and economic power. We are living in a good country...who's defence is guaranteed by the US and UK. That's a fact. Same as all the west really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

BloodyBill wrote: »
    The main reason we have those is because of Americas unrivalled military and economic power. We are living in a good country...who's defence is guaranteed by the US and UK. That's a fact. Same as all the west really

I wouldnt like to be relying on either trump or boris to be rushing to our aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I wouldnt like to be relying on either trump or boris to be rushing to our aid.

RAF come to our aid every time a Russian Bear aircraft enters our air space, it's an agreement between the UK and Ireland that they chase them away for safety because they turn off their transponders

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

biko wrote: »
    https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/christopher-columbus-sculpture-at-spanish-arch-vandalized/
    A Spanish Arch sculpture representing Christopher Columbus’ visit to Galway in the 1400s has been vandalized.

They must have been watching Sky News and saw the Brits at it so decided to do the same.

Wonder what will PBP have to say about it.

BloodyBill wrote: »

Not the EU no? We’re reliant on jingoistic Britain and an America lead by the buffoon Trump? Nah, not having that.

Anyhoo what’s any of that got to do with what monuments we want to erect or remove or relocate?

Storm 10 wrote: »
    RAF come to our aid every time a Russian Bear aircraft enters our air space, it's an agreement between the UK and Ireland that they chase them away for safety because they turn off their transponders

They chase them away do they? Any link to anything to back up these heroic adventures in the skies over Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not the EU no? We’re reliant on jingoistic Britain and an America lead by the buffoon Trump? Nah, not having that.

Anyhoo what’s any of that got to do with what monuments we want to erect or remove or relocate?

Nobody wants to move anything except yourself and a few looney hard left crusties.

Nobody wants to move anything except yourself and a few looney hard left crusties.
    And you speak for everyone else do you Galwayguy? LOL. You speak for no one bar yourself pal.

You’ll get likes here alright, but this place ain’t reflective of the real world either. Seems to be over run with those who hate anything that isn’t overly conservative or is progressive.

Monuments and statues get moved and relocated all the time for all sorts of reasons btw, you don’t need to get angry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I wouldn't pay too much credence to that poll. An individual user can vote multiple times in it, making it useless. Vote early, vote often, as they used to say. ;)

I wouldn't pay too much credence to that poll. An individual user can vote multiple times in it, making it useless. Vote early, vote often, as they used to say. ;)
    Yep. We had a poster earlier that said 2 to 1 to not remove it, that settles it, move on nothing to see here etc. LOL

• Advertisement

That’s where TC has been the last few hours. Voting often.

Advertisement