Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Phone Notification Apps

• 09-06-2020 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

I need an app that allows my android phone to play a sound (30+ seconds of a sound/ringtone) when an app pushes a notification. I need that to happen even when the phone is in silent mode.

An app called 'NotifiCon' does just that but the ringtones within the app are all only 2-3 seconds long. I need something much longer. Any ideas?

I'm using MIUI 11 on a Redmi K30 Pro 5G if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I tried the free version of it first and it didn't work for the app. Reckon the latest version of it should work if I pay? Looks like the free version is only meant to support 6.0 and previous. I'm on Android 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I need an app that allows my android phone to play a sound (30+ seconds of a sound/ringtone) when an app pushes a notification. I need that to happen even when the phone is in silent mode.

An app called 'NotifiCon' does just that but the ringtones within the app are all only 2-3 seconds long. I need something much longer. Any ideas?

I'm using MIUI 11 on a Redmi K30 Pro 5G if that makes a difference.
    What app is pushing the notifications?

swampy353 wrote: »
    What app is pushing the notifications?

Eufy Security is the name of the app

Been tinkering around with the free version of that app. So when my phone is on Normal mode (sound on) it works fine. In fact I get 2 notifcations at the same time for the same thing. However even though I have LightFlow set up so that it should play sound even when the phone is on Silent mode, it never does. It only vibrates. Any ideas as to why?

• Advertisement

Is there a way to add more Notifications to the phone? The NotifiCon app that works perfectly for what I want except it only plays sounds that are 1-2 seconds long. If I can add a sound thats like 30 seconds long into the Notification sounds then job done. I can do it if I root the phone, but is there any other way without rooting?

Came across Tasker for Android. This app worth the couple of quid easily! So much functionality to do whatever you want with your android device.

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Came across Tasker for Android. This app worth the couple of quid easily! So much functionality to do whatever you want with your android device.

Did it do what you wanted with the long notification sounds?

Yes it did. It's able to do plenty of neat stuff actually. For this though it now plays an Alarm and loops it. It also displays 2 buttons on the phone when triggered. One button when clicked will stop the alarm on the phone, and the other when clicked stops the alarm sounding on my phone and takes me to the App itself.

Advertisement