Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal thread ban

Options
  • 09-06-2020 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the main coronavirus thread and I would like to appeal it.

First off, I was sent a message to say I was banned and no reason given.

So I messaged the moderator to discuss the issue and the reason given is because they thought I was trolling, that I was asking for back up from others without giving back up myself and that I was pushing my views on others which I wasn't. I wasn't trolling, never my intention to annoy others.

On Sunday, there was a comment from another user saying that there was 5% failure with negative tests. Last I know, it was 30% failure rate. This was discussed earlier in one of the threads. I asked them to provide evidence to what they said. And they couldn't. Felt like they were making things up to suit themselves and their views.

Their reply back to me was that they didn't have to back up what was in the news for weeks. Apparently this 5% failure rate was in the news for weeks, yet I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere online. They told me to look it up myself and to ignore reports from the US and went on about my negative attitude.

I did look it up myself, and I couldn't find it. Another poster joined in on the attack on me and asked me to provide evidence to the 30% failure rate that I still knew it to be. It was already discussed in one of the threads. And what's the point providing old information if the new figure is 5% anyway?

Next thing I get a reply to a journal piece from the UK. So I asked for the news for Ireland. They continued deflecting and told me I only want to hear what I want I believe and I don't want to accept the truth.

This has been very unfair towards me. I just asked for someone to provide evidence to what they were saying and they couldn't. If it was in the news for weeks, this should have been easy to find, but it wasn't easy to find.

I messaged the moderator again saying all this and didn't get a reply. This has been very unfair towards me. I just asked for someone to provide evidence to what the were saying and they couldn't. If it was in the news for weeks, this should have been easy to find, but it wasn't easy to find. And the moderator saying I'm just pushing my views on others. I'm not pushing anything, I'm entitled to feel the way I do and rather that people don't force their positivity on me. I won't be positive until the pandemic is over.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are not dealt with in the DRP - I've moved this to Help Desk

I am prepared to reconsider the ban, but not until at least a week after it was imposed, and it would be on the understanding that you do not behave like that again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbans are not dealt with in the DRP - I've moved this to Help Desk

I am prepared to reconsider the ban, but not until at least a week after it was imposed, and it would be on the understanding that you do not behave like that again

It was never my intention to troll or annoy others. I agree not to ask someone over and over to provide back up to what they say again.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It was never my intention to troll or annoy others. I agree not to ask someone over and over to provide back up to what they say again.

It was not just that though. You were asking others to provide back-ups but ignoring their similar requests to you

You can see from the reactions you got that you were winding quite a few posters up

There is no problem per se with asking for back-up to something, but if someone decides not to provide it then everyone can make their own minds up. Best thing is to leave it there and move on

Now I do believe there was no intention behind this, and part of the reason behind a threadban is to try and get a poster to cop on without resorting to a more formal sanction

Based on your comments above I'm lifting the threadban with immediate effect, but please take care not to get into that situation again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Beasty wrote: »
    It was not just that though. You were asking others to provide back-ups but ignoring their similar requests to you

You can see from the reactions you got that you were winding quite a few posters up

There is no problem per se with asking for back-up to something, but if someone decides not to provide it then everyone can make their own minds up. Best thing is to leave it there and move on

Now I do believe there was no intention behind this, and part of the reason behind a threadban is to try and get a poster to cop on without resorting to a more formal sanction

Based on your comments above I'm lifting the threadban with immediate effect, but please take care not to get into that situation again

Thanks Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement