Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin ranked as 46th most expensive city in world to live in

Options
  • 09-06-2020 7:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-expensive-europe-euro-cost-of-living-5118042-Jun2020/

Interesting article today from Mercer..

This is for companies considering relocating their workforce, right? Or is it actual cost of living for residents? Can’t get my head around the placing of some cities on list. Dublin in 46 and Sydney in 66? Sydney is surely more expensive to live in Or am I missing something? Dublin’s rental rates push it way up but Sydney is $16-25 just for eggs avocado and toast breakfast. One room in an apartment you’re lucky if you can get one for $300 a week. Most lads I know in Dublin pay around €700 per month

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

How do I delete this ? Before the tumbleweeds suffocate it

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Minus craic all around, so expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

outrageously expensive, insane rents, the "transport system" is a farcical disgrace.Marginal tax rate of FIFTY percent over a pittance! Total comedy! thats whats years and years of voting for Fg, the party that rewards work gets you ! :rolleyes:

Such depressing stuff, considering living in the tent in the woods, it's only €750 a month rent!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Such depressing stuff, considering living in the tent in the woods, it's only €750 a month rent!

rip off rents and home prices for workers, should have had the vision to be a perpetual waster. free luxury apartments in dundrum and next up in Donnybrook...

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    rip off rents and home prices for workers, should have had the vision to be a perpetual waster. free luxury apartments in dundrum and next up in Donnybrook...

Yeah in fairness, some old lad I used to work with said it to me one day "" We're the real gob****es getting up and going to work every morning" he's right

Is London really worth a 19 spot? Most Irish people seem to go over there and get on fairly well. Obviously if you live in the centre it’s going to be expensive

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Is London really worth a 19 spot? Most Irish people seem to go over there and get on fairly well. Obviously if you live in the centre it’s going to be expensive

Ah yeah London is vicious. Personally I wouldn't live there due to how many people are there and how big it is and the sheer expensiveness of the place

Myself and the girlfriend in our 20s looking at moving abroad somewhere for a year or two before we come back here and settle in one of our Home Counties.

We’ll rent out the apartment in Dublin but unsure where to pick in Europe. Really surprised by this report, bar Switzerland and Germany most don’t seem too bad. But then the quality of life could be questionable.

If you take away the homelessness crisis (which I’m not trying to brush over in any way) surely ireland shouldn’t be as high on the list as it is ?? The rents are extreme in some areas.

Dublin is becoming less and less of an attractive place to raise a family. I really hope the whole remote working thing kicks up a notch and we see more of the multinationals requiring that you only attend the Dublin head office 1-2 days per week. It would mean people could live out of the city .

When you think about it, people buying a house in Louth / Meath / kildare / Wicklow, to then spend hours each day commuting to and from Dublin, to spend a few hours each night in the house they’re paying a mortgage on is madness.

• Advertisement

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Dublin is becoming less and less of an attractive place to raise a family. I really hope the whole remote working thing kicks up a notch and we see more of the multinationals requiring that you only attend the Dublin head office 1-2 days per week. It would mean people could live out of the city .

When you think about it, people buying a house in Louth / Meath / kildare / Wicklow, to then spend hours each day commuting to and from Dublin, to spend a few hours each night in the house they’re paying a mortgage on is madness.

Yeah I'd have no issue living in Leitrim and working remotely and showing up to the big smoke every now and then. Could at least buy a nice house

I’ve found even in my 20s. Bar the odd night out you don’t even go near the city, I’m in north city Dublin and I could count on one hand the amount of times we’ve jumped on the Luas or bus. I generally stay local and don’t go into the city.

May as well be living anywhere in the country, Pity the majority of construction work is in Dublin region

Advertisement