Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Lamb violently butchered to death by mysterious killer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

JoeFritzl wrote: »
    Ah yes, the media spinning a web of illusions. The fact is there's a sad and twisted individual out there who is eyeing up his next target. We need to push this out and make sure Wicklow town is locked down. He's probably a serial killer around the Wicklow mountains who couldn't get his fix due to this lockdown, and is now acting out against sheep.

It does feel like the media are trying to play it down. Was the head not found burnt at the other end of the field? The local radio reporter appeared to suggest that some sort of satanic ritual took place

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Probably one of them bush men/ survivalist type people honing their skills perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

To butcher a great big cow for meat is one thing, but a tiny innocent lamb would hardly be worth the while of a professional meat pilfering crime network. What we're looking at here is certainly someone who enjoys going under the cover of darkness and carrying out the heinous act. They probably are getting a thrill from the coverage and the terrorising of their locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't beat a bit of roast lamb, delicious.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

To butcher a great big cow for meat is one thing, but a tiny innocent lamb would hardly be worth the while of a professional meat pilfering crime network. What we're looking at here is certainly someone who enjoys going under the cover of darkness and carrying out the heinous act. They probably are getting a thrill from the coverage and the terrorising of their locality.

It's two lambs , definitely an over exaggeration of a professional meat pilfering crime network.
    Definitely just someone poaching for some meat.
    They left the head and hide behind classic skining of a kill ,guts and entrails left behind normal as these would cause the meat to foul , remains spread around the field of course it would be.
    Fox's , grey crows would be in like a shot to feed on the remains and scatter them.
    Personally I would saw young pochers as they left the remains in the field rather than remove it and butcher elsewhere in a tree line or bramble ditch so wild life would cover up the evidence.
    Also definitely person's that know the lay of the land , just because the famer says the field is hard to access , that is exactly what a poucher would look for.
    Hate to have to tell you this happens every year it doesn't make the news why , because it's not news worthy.
    Must have been a Quite day for rte news to report about it, but at least it's different news to the 24/7 virus reporting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

This talk of serial killers in the making and a prelude to some sort of imminent Wicklow Moors Murders is sensationalist drivel the likes that the Daily Mail would put out.

This is definitely just some opportunistic poaching for meat, as other posters have said. leaving the head and hide and entrails behind is textbook hunting. The carcass was taken away for the meat. Wildlife then scatters the entrails.
    My guess is that it is a neighbour who knows the lay of the land up there or perhaps foreigners who are into hunting.

Why would a serial killer butcher the animal (butcher as in for purposes of meat) and then take away the carcass? It would make no sense.
    Sure by that logic perhaps it is not only a serial killer but a serial killing cannibal we have in the making in Wicklow.

This talk of serial killers in the making and a prelude to some sort of imminent Wicklow Moors Murders is sensationalist drivel the likes that the Daily Mail would put out.

This is definitely just some opportunistic poaching for meat, as other posters have said. leaving the head and hide and entrails behind is textbook hunting. The carcass was taken away for the meat. Wildlife then scatters the entrails.
    My guess is that it is a neighbour who knows the lay of the land up there or perhaps foreigners who are into hunting.

Why would a serial killer butcher the animal (butcher as in for purposes of meat) and then take away the carcass? It would make no sense.
    Sure by that logic perhaps it is not only a serial killer but a serial killing cannibal we have in the making in Wicklow.

I'm not going to entertain the idea of a serial killing cannibal but its not impossible.

Hopefully the guards catch the predator before it happens again. Charge them and get their DNA in the system. We've had plenty of missing women over the years and its very easy to blame them all on Larry without evidence. Plenty of other sickos around and we need to monitor them too.

I'm not going to entertain the idea of a serial killing cannibal but its not impossible.

Hopefully the guards catch the predator before it happens again. Charge them and get their DNA in the system. We've had plenty of missing women over the years and its very easy to blame them all on Larry without evidence. Plenty of other sickos around and we need to monitor them too.

That's sum jump serial killing cannibal.
    But I guess it's possible another sheep has mastered how to use a knife and butcher and eat it's fellow young.
    Evolution is a funny thing ha

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

ZX7R wrote: »
    That's sum jump serial killing cannibal.
    But I guess it's possible another sheep has mastered how to use a knife and butcher and eat it's fellow young.
    Evolution is a funny thing ha

He's not wrong. A lot of the locals are saying it's probably a young person due to the inexperienced fashion in which the sheep was butchered. Imagine a young adolescent doing this now? It's not unrealistic to imagine that they will move onto a human, and if they're eating this sheep now, then what would stop them from eating their human victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Some of you really need to calm down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Same thing happens in Britain https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/sheep-lambs-decapitated-bodies-stolen-16762571 stolen for the meat.

I remember reading about a crowd from Romania being arrested for this type of thing in Yorkshire.

He's not wrong. A lot of the locals are saying it's probably a young person due to the inexperienced fashion in which the sheep was butchered. Imagine a young adolescent doing this now? It's not unrealistic to imagine that they will move onto a human, and if they're eating this sheep now, then what would stop them from eating their human victims?

I have an avid interest in serial killers in general and an amateur interest in the behavioural psychology of them.
    If you want to think along those lines the excitement for the person would be in the hunt not the actual killing the butchering and supposed eating would be a ritual act of consuming the kill to aquire the strength or soul of the kill.

I am originally from near the area and lived most of my childhood and early adult live there.
    I'm more in case to believe the rumor that dogs were used in the kill targeting Pacific sheep and then we're butchered and fed to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

We should keep in mind that the families in this area are pretty traumatized over these events. Out of respect we shouldn't name anyone and perhaps be a little careful with how we discuss the events in this thread. Take this as a warning because I don't want to have to repeat myself later in the thread.
    This is the work of a dangerous individual who is progressing through the ranks of psychopathy until he inevitably harms a little child and he won't stop killing until he is caught.
    There was blood, guts and pieces of meat all over the field from what I've heard.
    The fact is there's a sad and twisted individual out there who is eyeing up his next target. We need to push this out and make sure Wicklow town is locked down. He's probably a serial killer around the Wicklow mountains who couldn't get his fix due to this lockdown, and is now acting out against sheep.
    Imagine a young adolescent doing this now? It's not unrealistic to imagine that they will move onto a human, and if they're eating this sheep now, then what would stop them from eating their human victims?

Wow, wow and wow.

Who needs red tops when we have our very own Poirot solving the case of the cannibal, child-killing, blood-thirsty dangerous individual who is "progressing through the ranks of psychopathy?"

You need to get your head out of the fantasy genre you live in and come back to the real world before it's too late.

It's clear you enjoy sensationalism.

To be honest, you come across as stranger than the person committing these acts to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

LOL , Get a grip

I have an avid interest in serial killers in general and an amateur interest in the behavioural psychology of them.
    If you want to think along those lines the excitement for the person would be in the hunt not the actual killing the butchering and supposed eating would be a ritual act of consuming the kill to aquire the strength or soul of the kill.

I am originally from near the area and lived most of my childhood and early adult live there.
    I'm more in case to believe the rumor that dogs were used in the kill targeting Pacific sheep and then we're butchered and fed to the dogs

The serial killer could be motivated by the act of butchering? We really have no idea who this person is, and they are doing it again and again. The fact it is geographically located near the last known locations of several missing people has to be a worrying factor.

The serial killer could be motivated by the act of butchering? We really have no idea who this person is, and they are doing it again and again. The fact it is geographically located near the last known locations of several missing people has to be a worrying factor.

No not worrying at all ,I wait until more factual evidence is produced to move in that direction of thinking

No not worrying at all ,I wait until more factual evidence is produced to move in that direction of thinking

You think it made RTE news because some random lamb got slaughtered? Mate, get a grip! This is like the 6th time it's happened in this area over the lockdown, the person doing it has a serious problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I bet it's......FARGO BOYLE!

fúckin' hell!

You think it made RTE news because some random lamb got slaughtered? Mate, get a grip! This is like the 6th time it's happened in this area over the lockdown, the person doing it has a serious problem.

It made rte news because they had nothing better to air.
    2nd time for the famer in question
    I do have a grip it's called reality
    All the evidence points to poachers taking some meat for the pot.

I bet it's......FARGO BOYLE!

fúckin' hell!

The satanic ritual of bruning the head would rule him out. This was a young up and coming serial killer.

• Advertisement

It made rte news because they had nothing better to air.
    2nd time for the famer in question
    I do have a grip it's called reality
    All the evidence points to poachers taking some meat for the pot.

2nd time to that farmer, it's happened to neighboring farmers a multitude of time. It's dangerous.

https://news.sky.com/story/satanic-cult-fears-in-new-forest-after-animals-attacked-and-sprayed-with-symbols-11869959

Seen a few mentions of this happening in the UK and did some digging. Wow this just gets scarier by the minute. We could be looking at a cult.

https://news.sky.com/story/satanic-cult-fears-in-new-forest-after-animals-attacked-and-sprayed-with-symbols-11869959

Seen a few mentions of this happening in the UK and did some digging. Wow this just gets scarier by the minute. We could be looking at a cult.

Scary to think this could be happening on our doorstep. I wonder if the cases are connected. Seems like the UK cases have stopped recently - maybe the sick individual that is responsible for what is happening in Wicklow is home from his normal residence in the UK due to the lockdown.

Hmm that's interesting. The more I look into it the more I'm started to see a trend and it's one I don't like at all.

Media have completely dropped this story now. I guess we have to wait for more and more lambs to go missing before they will take this seriously.

Media have completely dropped this story now. I guess we have to wait for more and more lambs to go missing before they will take this seriously.

Apparently it was going to get a piece on Prime Time but then Daniel Kinahan announced the fury Joshua fight so that replaced it.

This is certainly not the last we have heard of this. This sadistic predator will strike again if he is not caught and maybe next time it will be a human.

Apparently it was going to get a piece on Prime Time but then Daniel Kinahan announced the fury Joshua fight so that replaced it.

This is certainly not the last we have heard of this. This sadistic predator will strike again if he is not caught and maybe next time it will be a human.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the kinahan hitmen gone wild. It takes a truly messed up individual to murder little lambs in cold blood.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the kinahan hitmen gone wild. It takes a truly messed up individual to murder little lambs in cold blood.

Trust me Jo it was not a kinahan hitman. I've been studying this case frantically the past 3 days as i have a PHD in criminology. The burning of the head and the satanic ritual carried out nearby would lead to be believe this is not the work of a hitman. This is alot worse.

Fargo Boyle? No cant see it. Jesus Lawlor? Potentially. My opinion? A young male aged between 14-17 who is simply experimenting and will move onto bigger fish next time.

Trust me Jo it was not a kinahan hitman. I've been studying this case frantically the past 3 days as i have a PHD in criminology. The burning of the head and the satanic ritual carried out nearby would lead to be believe this is not the work of a hitman. This is alot worse.

Fargo Boyle? No cant see it. Jesus Lawlor? Potentially. My opinion? A young male aged between 14-17 who is simply experimenting and will move onto bigger fish next time.

Exactly my thoughts. Likely known in the area. Maybe the son of one of the man in question's farming friends. The young lad probably grew up on a farm himself and knows his way around the animals. I'm sure he started off ringing in the necks of baby chicks before his parents could notice them gone. Before anybody knew it, there were more animals dying around the farm with the young lad making up more and more obscure excuses each time. Now that he has graduated onto lambs I have no doubt in my mind that his parents know and are protecting their son. They're not to know, they probably hope he can grow out of whatever sickness he has. But as I don't need to tell a criminology doctorate like yourself Mickey, you don't just grow out of these sick impulses.

• Advertisement

Advertisement