Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game (or series) did you think you'd hate but ended up liking?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Mass Effect Andromeda

I loved the original trilogy, but when Andromeda came out it had so many bad reviews that I didn't bother buying it, then 2 years later I seen it on the PS Store for 8 euro and was like why not I'll give it a go at that price. Now I'm almost a 100 hours into it and still loving it :p

Second this one. Was a huge fan of the original trilogy.... possibly some of my favourite games ever. Bought Andromeda when it came out despite reviews and played a little but I think I let the reviews get to me so I didnt bother with it.

Lockdown hits and I'm rummaging for something to play since my husband built his own PC and is playing on that. Gave it another go, I'm 50 hours in now and I cannot wait to log off work and get back to it. Still suffering from an emotional crisis every time the damn game asks me to make the simplest decision. Really enjoy the story, combat etc. The facial animation is absolutely awful but I dont really care, definitely think it got harsh reviews now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

quokula wrote: »
    Yeah and I love JRPGs so this is how it won me over. I'm excited about Yakuza 7's new battle system.

Sega are a company so ingrained in action and arcade games they very rarely make RPGs but when they do they are nearly always something very special. Really think Yakuza 7 will be as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Final Fantasy for me.
    I remember hearing all about ff7 at the time and thinking how FF was a load of garbage.

That attitude remained until I bought ff10 when it came out for the PS2. Don't remember why I bought it. Just did.

Simply put Final Fantasy 10 is one of the best video games ever created.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I actually think Final Fantasy 10 while a decent game is one of the weakest Final Fantasys. Glad it got you into the series.

Advertisement