Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally an updated iMac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It’ll be interesting to see what they come out with.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Certainly will. I have my debit card ready to order a top-spec model to replace my late 2014 27 inch 5k mac.

I'll be holding out a while longer I think, my big Mac purchase this year was the new Air.. Also, I will be upgrading the XS Max when they launch the phones. My iMac can struggle on anther while.

A device that looks like the XDR, that's an impressive look piece of engineering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rumours are all over the place as to whether they’ll be hardware today. They have to announce the transition to ARM though, so I can’t see them having no hardware. Then again, bringing out their very last intel designed Mac (iMac 24inch) for a super short production run would be odd as well.

• Advertisement

Unless the hold the 24th inch iMac back to be in the first run? I guess we'll find out this evening and put all the noise to rest.

Unless the hold the 24th inch iMac back to be in the first run? I guess we'll find out this evening and put all the noise to rest.

That would be make more sense. Why would design a completely new product when it’ll have to take both chipsets. Desktops are more forgiving in terms of space, but this Apple and you know they’ll want it to be as thin as possible. Was sure they’d lead with a micro led MacBook for arm. MBP was the first out during the intel transition, so maybe that rumour makes sense

It is Apple though, they love squeezing the beans out of people and I am sure if they released one last Intel iMac they'd sell a heap of them and maybe refresh it early next year and the rest of the folks who want one will jump ship. Personally I don't see the space for the Macbook anymore.. The Air really has that corner covered, no?

It is Apple though, they love squeezing the beans out of people and I am sure if they released one last Intel iMac they'd sell a heap of them and maybe refresh it early next year and the rest of the folks who want one will jump ship. Personally I don't see the space for the Macbook anymore.. The Air really has that corner covered, no?

I agree, but I’m long past Apple’s product lines actually making sense.

I agree, but I’m long past Apple’s product lines actually making sense.

True true! I'm looking forward to later, iOS and MacOS updates will hopefully have some cool changes! iOS could do with an overhaul in looks (high hopes I know :pac:). Also, there was good banter in the thread watching the last one, it made it a far more entertaining event!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Well that was a massive bust no new iMac announced the wait continues.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Well that was a massive bust no new iMac announced the wait continues.

Would you buy one, intel I mean. How long do you expect Apple to support x86. People keep macs for a fair while. My mbp is 2015. I wasn’t prepared to buy a butterfly keyboard Mac and now that’s sorted, I’m back into a holding pattern again.

Well Tim said "for many years to come" - which they better, after a sprang for the new Macbook Air! I held onto my last one for 7 years.. But then, I may upgrade it again if Apple Silicon is worth it. I guess time will tell.

The Air is a suitable substitute for a MacBook Pro? That’s not a good look you took if that’s how you see it!

JayZeus wrote: »
    The Air is a suitable substitute for a MacBook Pro? That’s not a good look you took if that’s how you see it!

The MacBook Jayzeus. MacBook.

Which was discontinued last year, Oafley. Last year.

This.

True. BUT there's a heaps of suggestion knocking about that it could resurfice with the new Apple chip.

Try to keep up

Try to keep up

Try to grow up.

Advertisement