Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antanov 225 visit to Shannon June 10 2020

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

maebee wrote: »
    You would yea, take a left at the main terminal and go through the car-hire area. You'll get a great view from there. Bring wellies and an umbrella :). Just home, got soaked but it was well worth it.

Or what time is it leaving at would that be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

From that channel posted above^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

bigpink wrote: »
    Or what time is it leaving at would that be better

It's due to leave Fri morning at 9am according to the latest information.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

jogdish wrote: »
    Where is this? Would love to see a plane of any sort land with that view - assuming its all safe and legal. any directions?

Sorry, just caught it on Twitter via a friend. I'm assuming it is one of the periphery roads around Shannon Airport, as it seems to be Shannon based Twitter handle.

Some of our aviation friends on here who live locally might help with the location, as there seems to be a few out and about around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

That's some crew in the deck (the captain is out of shot). Eight in total. And it sounded like they were'nt too impressed with the instruction to do a 180 at the end of the runway...

515957.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

That's some crew in the deck (the captain is out of shot). Eight in total. And it sounded like they were'nt too impressed with the instruction to do a 180 at the end of the runway...

515957.png

All observing social distancing too. What a crew, fair play :P

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Mach Two

All observing social distancing too. What a crew, fair play :P

What's the betting that thoses two lads are brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭maebee

Comhra wrote: »
    It's due to leave Fri morning at 9am according to the latest information.

Tomorrow morning at 11.
    https://flyinginireland.com/2020/06/worlds-largest-aircraft-to-visit-shannon/

maebee wrote: »

No it’s leaving Friday at 0900 local. Flying in Ireland’s information is out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rkeen35

No it’s leaving Friday at 0900 local. Flying in Ireland’s information is out of date.

Where did you see this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

How sad is this when we lose our sh1t over 1 aircraft coming to Shannon that even the news people are there.

I agree, you'd swear we've all been locked up for 3 months or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭ezstreet5

Confirmed. Lads are on the lock here, so it's Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,035 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://twitter.com/ShannonAirport/status/1270757587148038145?s=19

The logistics of even loading the thing are staggering. No wonder it's leaving Friday.

Link please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭shanec1928

https://twitter.com/ShannonAirport/status/1270757587148038145?s=19

The logistics of even loading the thing are staggering. No wonder it's leaving Friday.
    While not the same plane this video I’d imagine is close enough to what it’s like inside. https://youtu.be/5FSyTuY1rGg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Was the 180 at end of runway necessary? Looked like there was an exit just before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I'm told Friday now but that isn't confirmed yet

tomorrow is friday :D:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Was the 180 at end of runway necessary? Looked like there was an exit just before the end.

I'm just guessing, but there may not have been clearance on the apron if it had used that taxi way.

I'm just guessing, but there may not have been clearance on the apron if it had used that taxi way.

Well then a simple "hold position" would have worked. The 180 did seem excessive alright. Maybe the tower wanted to get a good shot of the plane from all angles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Well then a simple "hold position" would have worked. The 180 did seem excessive alright. Maybe the tower wanted to get a good shot of the plane from all angles...

How would a hold position have helped? It would still be there. Shannon is a plane park at the moment.

PS. Why can no one spell Antonov?

• Advertisement

Simply Red wrote: »
    From that channel posted above^

I skimmed through that and was wondering when it was going to land. It actually already had but it's so high above the runway that I thought it was still gearing up to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

515957.png

I count 9

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I agree, you'd swear we've all been locked up for 3 months or something.

Co-pilots eyes look like he was on the vodka in GDY BAKU

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Any idea what time its due to take off this morning or is it already gone?

How would a hold position have helped? It would still be there. Shannon is a plane park at the moment.

PS. Why can no one spell Antonov?

Instead of going past the exit and doing a 180 it could have vacated at that same exit and then hold position on the taxiway if the apron was not ready.

Any idea what time its due to take off this morning or is it already gone?

Just home from Shannon. It's not taking off until 11am tomorrow, according to the airport police officer we spoke to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭josip

Would a 180 have been tough on its non-steerable tyres considering it was fully loaded ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Impressive plane. It's simply huge.

Less impressive were the people who just abandoned their cars in the middle of the road past The Honk Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Instead of going past the exit and doing a 180 it could have vacated at that same exit and then hold position on the taxiway if the apron was not ready.

Takes too long.
    Far quicker to backtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

The apron wouldn’t be ready if they waited until next week is my point.

Advertisement