Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most hypocritical TV advert ever...

• 10-06-2020 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

My god, FBD insurance has some neck.

Every time I pick up a newspaper I read a story about someone suing them over their "business interruption insurance".

TDLR - Loads of businesses had taken out their "business interruption insurance". Then, when the ultimate business interruption event happens - FBD refuse to pay out.

Instead, for their poor customers, they now have to endure frequent prime time feel-good TV adverts by FBD with lines like "it's empowering when someone has your back". The narrative then goes on to say "Big things happen when you're being supported". Yes, FBD I agree. Big things happen...like going bust.

If it was the last insurance company on earth - they would not get one cent off me. Utter frauds. Utter shysters. I feel sorry for their customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJjhE8ACrKM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Absolutely wrong by FBD.
    Personally speaking that the older I get the more I realise that a lot of things are complete bollocks on this planet and never truer when it comes to making money especially.

"Ultimated speeds" - anything but. Applies only within reason.
    "Homemade recipe" - as it's mass produced and chalked full of preservatives.
    "40% off during this sale" - but it was price hiked last week before the sale.

I could go on. Legal loop holes for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Absolutely wrong by FBD.

I am surprised there is not more outrage at this.

The O'Donovan brothers are doing themselves no favours associating themselves with a fraudulent insurance company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Ahh, insurance companies, they tell you you are getting 10% off your premium but nobody knows how they calculate the premium in the first place so how do you know you really are getting 10% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭KaneToad

jetsonx wrote: »
    I am surprised there is not more outrage at this.

The O'Donovan brothers are doing themselves no favours associating themselves with a fraudulent insurance company.

The popular support of the people won't make them go any faster - the FBD money will! I don't think the brothers have a seat in the boardroom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

KaneToad wrote: »
    I don't think the brothers have a seat in the boardroom...

Yes, but I'm sure they could have picked a more ethically sound sponsors than the grubby entity that is FBD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, but I'm sure they could have picked a more ethically sound sponsors than the grubby entity that is FBD.

DgmUQ-QGnFqaFudYQU-HxhUL68rdrOTDMbANeeZqYkMbsikoKCxQbD98EDJm90svb9FI2lAiV4ALKSMK1essHn4eNRC4wZ7nlPEeEQBPWmgWQnsjX_JWCDLGHh8Pb3AbPFZ1X4ZFE5sCgUJAXhDSryZAsELE9VUIgPk

Seriously, just because you don't like FBD doesn't mean everybody doesn't have to like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They sponsor the Irish Olympic Federation. The O'Donovan brothers just happen to to be Olympians. There's no ethical issue here. I'm sure your support of rowing will be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well they gave me a €35 one 4 all voucher

Advertisement