Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Week's Top Five Queries (01.06.2020 - 07.06.2020)

• 10-06-2020 1:16pm
    Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep

1. I have been advised that there’s a leak on our property. The meter is constantly humming which indicates a leak. Can you help?

Please PM us with the following information and a member of our team will certainly look into this for you.

- Your full name;
    - Your full address (including County & Eircode); and
    - Your contact number.

2. I cannot move into my new home until Irish Water complete a new connection to the mains. Can you please advise?

If your name is on this application, we can check the progress of this for you. Please provide the following details via PM and a member of our team will help.

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Your contact number; and
    - Your new connection reference number.

If the developer made the application and your name is not on it, we would recommend that you contact the developer to request an update concerning this application.

3. We are buying the house with the intention of extending. But the manhole and sewer are just beside the house in the area where we intend to extend. Can you please advise?

We advise that you contact the Planning Department in your Local Authority in order to ensure that planning permission can be granted in order to complete this extension. The Planning Department will consult with our local Water and Wastewater Departments during this process to query if the public wastewater assets can be moved in order to accommodate this extension.

4. I noticed that the last details appearing in relation to water usage on my account relates to Jan 2020. How often is water usage details updated on MyWater account?

The water meter for your property will usually be read every three months.

If you would like to PM us with the following information, a member of our team can follow up on this for you.

- Your full name;
    - Your address (including County & Eircode); and
    - Your contact number.

5. I would like to turn off the mains supply to my property so that I can do some household repairs. How do I do this?

In order to turn off your supply from the public mains to your property, you can switch your supply off using the outside stop valve located in your meter box, when safe to do so.

Once the works are complete you can turn back on your supply, as the outside stop valve is on publicly accessible land.

Advertisement