Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLwoer and other bedding area with pebble mulch - revitalise?

Options
  • 10-06-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

HI,

New home - which was extensively landscaped many years ago. All of the flower/shrub beds had black landscaping underlay, then planted and finally topped by pebble/gravel mulch. The garden has not been not tended for 5+ years so now much of the pebble/gravel is covered by 3 cms of vegetative thatch (leaves, etc).

Should I try and remove that thatch and weeds and then top up with new pebbles? Or is there a different approach that could be taken. I have scoured the interwebs but cant find any real suggestions on possible approaches.
    Any and all advice and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    For now I am busying myself by pulling all weeds and removing the invasive ivy.

thanks

Advertisement