Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Motherboard

Options
  • 10-06-2020 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Can someone help me with a replacement motherboard,

I have a Gigabyte - ga-b85m-d3h which I need to replace, I've no idea what I need to replace it with

The PC has
    1 x XFX PRO450W Power Supply
    2 x R5 Graphics Cards
    1 x Wifi Card
    2 x 8GB Ram
    1 x i7 Processor
    1 x SSD
    1 x HD
    1 x DVDRW

I'd preferably like to buy it from Amazon

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you sure it's the motherboard that needs replacing?
    LGA socket 1150 is 7 years old now so your options are either eBay or stores I've never heard of, e.g. https://www.pcupgrade.co.uk/category.asp?categoryid=711&Sort=6

Also what are you doing with 2x R5 graphics cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Thanks for the reply;

I think it’s the motherboard as it boots up but I’m not getting A signal from any of the display ports, I’ve tried multiple monitors and cables. Could it be something else?
    When I say boots up, it sounds exactly like it did before, but just nothing display wise

As for the 2 graphics cards, when I got it built, I told them I needed 3 display outputs for monitors

I've had it that long that it owes me nothing, might be better just buying a new machine.

I'll create a thread for a new build

Advertisement