Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Wifi in Ennis

• 10-06-2020 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi looking to get wifi for first time into house I am about 2 miles from Ennis (Lahinch Road). Can anyone tell me who best to go with. Would prob like to go with a wifi and mobile phone package!!. Who is best for coverage and deal???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Honda99ce wrote: »
    Hi looking to get wifi for first time into house I am about 2 miles from Ennis (Lahinch Road). Can anyone tell me who best to go with. Would prob like to go with a wifi and mobile phone package!!. Who is best for coverage and deal???

Thanks

Eir have fiber to the home out the Lahinch road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Some people mistakenly calling broadband or internet connection as "WiFi"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some people mistakenly calling broadband or internet connection as "WiFi"....

Lucky you’re here to call them out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

So broadband rather than WiFi (WiFi is a feature of a router)
    Anyways fibre is available virtually all over Ennis town
    There is fibre to the cabinet - this is fibre to a cabinet and the standard copper cable to the house - depends on how far you are from the cab and the condition of the cabling
    There is fibre to the home - this is fibre all the way to the house - fastest domestic service out there
    There is also over the air services

With both fibre services, there are multiple resellers, Sky, Vodafone, Eir and smaller providers even local ones... The main difference will really be cost and the support you get

So sadly without anyone here knowing your exact eircode we can't answer and that's not something really worth giving out... Just ring around, ask lots of questions and don't fall for the sales pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Honda99ce

So broadband rather than WiFi (WiFi is a feature of a router)
    Anyways fibre is available virtually all over Ennis town
    There is fibre to the cabinet - this is fibre to a cabinet and the standard copper cable to the house - depends on how far you are from the cab and the condition of the cabling
    There is fibre to the home - this is fibre all the way to the house - fastest domestic service out there
    There is also over the air services

With both fibre services, there are multiple resellers, Sky, Vodafone, Eir and smaller providers even local ones... The main difference will really be cost and the support you get

So sadly without anyone here knowing your exact eircode we can't answer and that's not something really worth giving out... Just ring around, ask lots of questions and don't fall for the sales pitch

I am close to Donnellans Service Station on the Lahinch Road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Check out https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail and see what services are available.

Vodafone checker here: https://www.vodafone.ie/home/eircode-checker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Honda99ce wrote: »
    I am close to Donnellans Service Station on the Lahinch Road

Then you can get Siro fiber supplied by Airwire or Eir efiber DSL.

Advertisement