Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glitch with browser/internet

Options
  • 10-06-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey Everyone,
    I was hoping someone could help me with this.

For the last week or so, everytime I open a new page/tab etc a yellow box on the left hand side appears and it usually has the websites name that I'm opening-it often shows up random sites?

I was wondering if there is something in my settings I need to do to stop this. Sorry I can't post a picture of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Amelia123

Would anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

What browser is this?
    Have you tried an Incognito session (Chrome) or Private session (Firefox)?
    If it doesn't happen in this manner, it might be an extension that has been installed by mistake.
    It's hard to give more accurate advice when the information available is scarce. Maybe post a screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Amelia123 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,
    I was hoping someone could help me with this.

For the last week or so, everytime I open a new page/tab etc a yellow box on the left hand side appears and it usually has the websites name that I'm opening-it often shows up random sites?

I was wondering if there is something in my settings I need to do to stop this. Sorry I can't post a picture of it.

Go to settings on your browser and go to advanced settings and check what settings you have Start Page set to. It could be something there.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement