Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite in Dublin 15

Options
  • 10-06-2020 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any occurrences of pyrite issues in D15, especially around Fernleigh/Annfield area? Living in the area for 30 years and never heard of it but wanted to see if others had any experience with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just saw a house advertised on Daft.ie in D15 yesterday which had pyrite issues, I'm almost sure I remember where it was but will find the ad to be sure - I don't want to be unnecessarily attributing Pyrite issues to the wrong estate :eek:

Edit: it was in Hayworth Mews in Ongar, ad here. The low guide price caught my eye, reading the description you find out about the pyrite issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OneMoreBabadee

Parts of Tyrellstown are affected, think I read something about it a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Parts of Tyrellstown are affected, think I read something about it a few years ago.

Not Tyrrelstown, as far as I’m aware (I’ve lived there since 2003). Parts of both Hollystown and Castlecurragh affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Fingal Co. Co. stripped all their properties in Castlecurragh and relaid the concrete so they thought it was a issue. I haven't heard of any issues in the remaining private owned properties though.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Fingal Co. Co. stripped all their properties in Castlecurragh and relaid the concrete so they thought it was a issue. I haven't heard of any issues in the remaining private owned properties though.

Afaik private homes are still affected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Afaik private homes are still affected.

Yeah I presume they are as they would have been built with the same material as the council owned ones but what I was trying to say was that I hadn't noticed any major visible cracks on any house (not that I'm inspecting any in great detail mind you...!!!!)

Advertisement