Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A rescue baby mouse making a "Clicking" noise - help needed

• 10-06-2020 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is looking after a little mouse whose mother got killed by a cat and until now the mouse was ok but today she started to make a little "clicking" noise", like if she has a problem with breathing. She is fed and warm but the clicking doesn't sound right. My friend has contacted 2 vets already and both said they don't know how to help. Has anyone in here come across something similar? Any idea how to help this little creature?

I attach a video with the problem.

Would be fantastic if someone could help. I am not sure if she will survive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi there,

You may not post zip files here as we have no way of knowing if they contain viruses.

I suggest uploading your video to YouTube and posting a link to it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭redroisin

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is looking after a little mouse whose mother got killed by a cat and until now the mouse was ok but today she started to make a little "clicking" noise", like if she has a problem with breathing. She is fed and warm but the clicking doesn't sound right. My friend has contacted 2 vets already and both said they don't know how to help. Has anyone in here come across something similar? Any idea how to help this little creature?

I attach a video with the problem.

Would be fantastic if someone could help. I am not sure if she will survive.

If you go on Facebook and look for pet rat breeders, they will be able to help you, the mouse needs antibiotics fast but they need to be specific. Hope your friend manages to save her.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Curious1002

Many thanks, Red Roisin, I just joined the FB group and see if they heard of similar cases. A 3rd vet saw the little mousie this morning and said she needs a gentamicin (antibiotic) inhalation because she has a pneumonia and too much water in her (forgot the technical name of it). Poor thing is only 2 weeks old but at least my friend can start the treatment now. Hope she will make it, she is in good hands.

To Cherry Blossom - yeah, I noticed that you don't allow mp4 or videos in here as attachment but the zip file is listed as one of the 15 files that is allowed so added the video in zip file. I understand the concern though and would not click on anything I am not sure of myself. Thanks for the suggestion about youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Curious1002

The baby mouse died last night. Got a call from my friend this morning. Nothing could help, not even antibiotics. Sad day.

Advertisement