Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban

Options
  • 10-06-2020 9:57pm
    Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hello. I'd like to dispute a ban I received from a mod. He banned me from a thread and then respectively gave me a one day ban on top of that.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod via PM? That's the first step in the dispute process

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

The reason I'm banned is because I tried to discuss things with the mod! Let me explain.

The mod posted in a thread to tell me not to post in that thread again. I requested by private message:

<snip>

I didn't reply to the mod who then went and picked out a previous post of mine and banned me. That's why I'm here. I haven't discussed the card in particular, I can do that if you wish. He/she didn't seem that eager to engage earlier, however, despite me being courteous and mannerly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So you have not discussed the ban with the mod

Please do so. If you cannot resolve your dispute through discussion with the mod, then you can return here. You must exhaust that avenue first

Please note you can only post PMs relating to the dispute (in this case your forum ban). You must have the permission of the mod to post contents of a discussion surrounding your threadban

I've discussed it with the mod and it wasn't resolved.

Apologies for the delay. I've alerted the Cmods to this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

callmehal wrote: »
    I've discussed it with the mod and it wasn't resolved.

Hello, callmehal, I'll be looking at this for you.

Can you please forward me the PMs between yourself and the mod or post them here and I'll have a look at this as soon as I can?

Thought I had it but is there a way of sending you multiple messages at once?

If you go into your PMs, you will see an option at the bottom to forward the PM, to the left of the Reply and Reply All options.

Select the forward option and type my username into the recipient username box at the top and select submit reply.

Thanks for that, callmehal, just received the PMs now. I'll have a look at them and through the thread in question and hopefully get back to you tomorrow evening.

Thanks for that, callmehal, just received the PMs now. I'll have a look at them and through the thread in question and hopefully get back to you tomorrow evening.

No bother. Don't know if I posted them correctly at all.

• Advertisement

OP permanently sitebanned - closing this up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement