Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigo email address- what is happening

Options
  • 11-06-2020 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, have an indigo.ie email account from 1995. Long ago, eircom took it over. Happy to pay the monthly fee to keep the account - my entire business and life is there. After much time spent trying to get someone to talk to that knew anything at all, (nearly everything is blocked if you don't have an account number) I have been told by Eircom that on the day of the changeover, 1st July, you will be given an option to set up the Direct Debit for payment. Funnily enough, because of my dealing with Eircom through the years, I don't trust them.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I would think you are as well to look into moving your email, I wouldn't be surprised if down the line Eir decided to shut it down altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

I would definitely, definitely move away from legacy ISP email.

Eir (and others) are spending very little money on these services. They almost certainly loosing money on them and they wouldn’t be under any real obligation to keep them running.

Also with Indigo, it’s a short lived legacy brand that they are barely aware or from a quarter of a century ago that has nothing to do with their current company’s branding or identity.

If you’ve a business, get your own domain and setup simple email on some platform like Outlook or Google Suite that actually give you some modern spam filters, proper interfaces, security and so on!

There is a very high probability that many of those old ISP addresses will disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bibliovore

Thanks for the suggestions. That's what I was afraid of ...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You could have stopped paying and it'd still work, the billing platform cant cut you off anymore.

Buy your own domain for the price of three pints year and an email host for another few bob per month. Make your business look far more professional and have portability in future.

Advertisement