Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible Games today

• 11-06-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭

Boards beat World Athletics to punch but anyway a return of live athletics in an unusual form today

https://sports.yahoo.com/impossible-games-signal-return-track-212823869.html

Highlight for me
    Men’s 2000m — 2:50 p.m.
    This is a group event, similar to speed skating’s team pursuit. In the Oslo stadium will be Team Ingebrigtsen, featuring brothers Filip, Henrik and Jakob and two more Norwegians. In Kenya will be Team Cheruiyot, featuring the last two world 1500m champions — Timothy Cheruiyot and Elijah Manangoi, plus three more Kenyans. The winner will be the team with the best overall time for the top three runners.

Times are American ET in the link posted. The events kick off at 6:30 pm GMT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Just in relation to the YouTube link. It should be available in Ireland once it starts.

List of countries where you will have to watch via licence holders is here -
    https://www.diamondleague.com/news/general/news/detail/News/where-to-watch-the-oslo-impossible-games/

It is listed as viewable in Ireland on Youtube so we'll see soon enough.

Wanda Diamond League
    ​We are looking into the issue on YouTube and will try to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Plan B so - Had to ask my wife to log into her Facebook. It's on now.

https://www.facebook.com/DiamondLeague/videos/541563229871825/

World record gone in 300 m hurdles. Warholm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭edinrunna

Has the 2k happened yet? Fair effort from the guy in the 300m hurdles!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭edinrunna

Ah just about to start I see.

I felt sorry for the Kenyans there with the weather. The Norwegians even had pacing lights which had me rooting for Cheryiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I felt sorry for the Kenyans there with the weather. The Norwegians even had pacing lights which had me rooting for Cheryiot

Weather in Kenya didn't help. Not sure it was as windy as Cram was making out. There was a flag picked up by the camera angle on the straing at one point and it was still. The altitude wouldn't have helped either.
    I thought the pace light were cool. Not sure I'd agree with them mind, probably an argument for another day.

On the whole it was a strange event to watch, with a pole vault from for back garden to a split track race.
    Good to see some athletics all the same..

Jacob looked good. Certainly go under 4.50 for a true run race over 2k

The concept didn't set the world alight IMO. Following the boards TT threads have been much more entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

the back yard garden pole vaulter was impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

jamule wrote: »
    the back yard garden pole vaulter was impressive

I agree. Was the highlight of the show for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

If you enjoyed the pole vault yesterday then look up the "ultimate garden clash" on YouTube. Both male and female editions are an enjoyable watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Surely the pacing lights are an artificial aid?

Advertisement