Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric car radio adverts

Options
  • 11-06-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain me why we have such pathetic radio adds about electric cars recently? I am not really a radio fan, but as my working environment changed I am forced listen it more now. I heard Hyundai and Toyota adds recently and with such pathetic music in the background they sound like funeral home adds rather than cars dealers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭zg3409

zom wrote: »
    Can anyone explain me why we have such pathetic radio adds about electric cars recently? I am not really a radio fan, but as my working environment changed I am forced listen it more now. I heard Hyundai and Toyota adds recently and with such pathetic music in the background they sound like funeral home adds rather than cars dealers.

No need to promote something if you have a shortage of supply. Toyota were promoting like mad self charging and were number one seller of cars. They did this as they have no EVs for sale and were worried people would move brand which many Prius owners did.

Nissan were promoting heavily at the start of the year, they have no shortage of supply. Hyundai are advertising heavily but mainly for hybrid or plug in hybrid. Based on legal emissions standards different car manufacturers have to meet different CO2 emission standards across their entire range for 2020 or they will be fined. In some cases they deliberately stopped shipping EVs end of 2019 as they met the 2019 co2 and wanted them on the books for 2020. With covit19 the planned targets are all messed up in terms of sales of both ICE and EV.

In terms of ad quality it will be driven by spend, but also with covit many ads are being rushly re recorded to add things like dealership open, cars are sanitised , home test drive etc. The ad agencies are working from home including audio recording and mixing.

Advertisement