Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagulls: Has anything ever been done?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Well if they just ate rats I could tolerate them but the problem here is they rip open bin bags and then ATTRACT rats

They can eat as many rats and bin bag food as they want as long as they keep away from my chips and 99!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭TwoWheeledTim

Well if they just ate rats I could tolerate them but the problem here is they rip open bin bags and then ATTRACT rats

Surely the real problem is us leaving bags of rubbish in the city streets? The rats and gulls are just doing what's natural to them, feeding where they can.

Don't know what the solution is though, to suit businesses and city centre apartments. Some form of closed communial bin on streets where possible.

I read a report on another seaside town that improved their gull problem - "the council placed communal heavy duty sacks in seven town centre streets the afternoon before black bag collection day". We'd need to get around the ridiculous situation here that multiple bin companies do the same routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Surely the real problem is us leaving bags of rubbish in the city streets? The rats and gulls are just doing what's natural to them, feeding where they can.

Don't know what the solution is though, to suit businesses and city centre apartments. Some form of closed communial bin on streets where possible.

I read a report on another seaside town that improved their gull problem - "the council placed communal heavy duty sacks in seven town centre streets the afternoon before black bag collection day". We'd need to get around the ridiculous situation here that multiple bin companies do the same routes.

FWIW only one company does domestic collection in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 derekshelvin

That's a great idea. If you walk the streets any morning there are bin bags torn open everywhere. It's all these small steps that would improve things. Do you know where that was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭TwoWheeledTim

That's a great idea. If you walk the streets any morning there are bin bags torn open everywhere. It's all these small steps that would improve things. Do you know where that was?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-49337747

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I saw seagulls eat a Boojum burrito bowl someone had discarded on the ground near the Spanish Arch recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I saw seagulls eat a Boojum burrito bowl someone had discarded on the ground near the Spanish Arch recently.

Did they have a Boojum addict on?

Advertisement