Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Hill Autonous Zone! I LOVE IT! FREE CAPITOL HILL

Options
  • 11-06-2020 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I'm so proud.

In response to police brutality residents have barricaded themselves into an autonomous zone where they are not allowing us cops to enter.

Reminds me of #FREEDERRY When John Hume asked 1500 residents to barricade themselves in and not allow the RUC to enter.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/welcome-to-the-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-where-seattle-protesters-gather-without-police/

They are allowing food trucks and everything else in it's just police. People are watching films in the street and painting murals.

image.jpg

Above 2nd from the right. John Hume in Free Derry. Ireland's greatest Irish man can't be wrong lads! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Also before someone gives out about my spelling of CAPITOL hill

I asked locals on twitter they say they spell it with an O.

I think anyone at FOX news who claims to be Irish ..and who criticizes the autonomous zone needs to be shown the above photo of John Hume so they can see what they really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Seems to be trouble in paradise.

They are running low on food and have requested more vegan meat substitutes and soy products.

5555555555 wrote: »
    Seems to be trouble in paradise.

They are running low on food and have requested more vegan meat substitutes and soy products.

This is not true. That's lies spread by trumpers.

Think about it ....why would they run out of food???

They are only banning police ....they are allowing food trucks in.

Everyone IN the area says supplies are fine and its more peaceful now.

Don't fall for lies.

John Hume can't be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

I think anyone at FOX news who claims to be Irish ..and who criticizes the autonomous zone needs to be shown the above photo of John Hume so they can see what they really are.

"You should support X,Y,Z and believe A,B,C because of your ethnicity" is beyond moronic.

He was a devout Catholic, so I guess I'll see you watching live streaming Mass today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i'd love to see all the cops in the US call in sick for a week.

• Advertisement

35AJ3.jpg

35AJ4.jpg

Capitol Hill autonomous zone.....they are watching a movie in the street while socially distancing ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

I've seen this online, is this actually a thing or is it about a 100 people pretending they are 1930's Barcelona?

If it is real.
    -They definitely aren't letting everybody but police in, they are stopping reporters too
    - they already have a small time rapper going around intimidating people and telling them he is the authority.

Basically I don't think it's comparable to Free Derry even if it's more than an online phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Perhaps I've read a series of biased articles in relation to CHAZ but is it correct that the original residents require permission to enter/leave, owners of businesses within the area have been told they will need to pay protection money, the self appointed leader ( a rapper) has advocated for use of patrolling the perimeter with weapons? No one can dispute the symbolism behind this occupation. There are however stark differences between the lives of Catholics during the height of the troubles and the current Antifa drive.

"You should support X,Y,Z and believe A,B,C because of your ethnicity" is beyond moronic.

He was a devout Catholic, so I guess I'll see you watching live streaming Mass today?

So you don't support John Hume and the civil rights movement in NI got it.

You think it was fine for the black and tans to do what they did to us got it.

We know where you stand.

Perhaps I've read a series of biased articles in relation to CHAZ but is it correct that the original residents require permission to enter/leave, owners of businesses within the area have been told they will need to pay protection money, the self appointed leader ( a rapper) has advocated for use of patrolling the perimeter with weapons? No one can dispute the symbolism behind this occupation. There are however stark differences between the lives of Catholics during the height of the troubles and the current Antifa drive.

NOPE

The above is all lies.

Business owners and customers can come and go freely ..its just the police.

There is A LOT of fake news be wary.

• Advertisement

Or a year.

It's like in the documentary, Robocop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The ‘autonomous zone’ should be nuked. That’d learn them. :)

We know where you stand.

How many joints have you had already today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Or a year.
    or ten years

How many joints have you had already today?

hard to smoke a joint if you can't breathe!

I can breathe. In the capitol hill autonmous zone!

or ten years

Perma Holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

NOPE

The above is all lies.

Business owners and customers can come and go freely ..its just the police.

There is A LOT of fake news be wary.

Are you in this zone? You seem to know a lot about it and anything negative is a lie. Plenty of negative views on social media/online. Do you have anything to show these assertions are in fact false?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apparently they have a warlord now, after 2 days.

EaLXXhqXQAQRQFT?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nightly Concert in the capitol hill autonomous zone.

:)

Thank god there are some sane people in the US!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

biko wrote: »
    Apparently they have a warlord now, after 2 days.

Any roving gangs of thugs reported yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So how are they going to pay for the food when their money runs out?

Of course the Neo Nazis are just over reacting and going nuts like they always do.

Such angry people.

There is little media on this. So the right wing are just making up everything.

Thankfully real people have some common sense.

We know where you stand.

what is this rubbish?

are you drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Are in you this zone? You seem to know a lot about it and anything negative is a lie. Plenty of negative views on social media/online do you have anything to show these assertions are in fact false?

Don't waste your time. It will go just like the Antifa thread; around and around, without ever admitting guilt for anything. You're simply wasting your energy.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The ‘autonomous zone’ should be nuked. That’d learn them. :)

Police have bombed people before I don’t think it’s a good idea to joke about this either when already people are acting violently, running their cars into protesters shooting at them etc.

sabat wrote: »
    So how are they going to pay for the food when their money runs out?

That comment makes no sense.

They are still going to work.

People are still going in and out...its just police.

So I just talked to a guy whose local market is in there ...but he doesn't live there ...he just walked past the barricades to the shop bought his stuff and left.

If they work in the area they are going to work ...if they work outside the area they are just going to work and coming back.

Or a lot are working from home for obv reasons.

• Advertisement

Any roving gangs of thugs reported yet?

Day 3: Warlord uses excessive force in administrating rules of the zone.
    Day 4: Protests against the warlord.
    Day 5: Warlord overreacts to protests
    Day 6: Autonomous autonomous zone declared, in which warlord is not welcome.

Advertisement