Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Hill Autonous Zone! I LOVE IT! FREE CAPITOL HILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Danzy wrote: »
    The damage being done to the Democrats is hard to estimate but surely immense, add in the amount of people who would be genuinely frightened to say they'd vote GOP or Trump in a poll, lest their windows be smashed in.

These are a tiny group but they have undue influence on the Democrats and are growing in control.

They will turn on each other, they always do but what damage will they do before that.

I'd be happy with Sanders or even Biden but the whack jobs around them are terrifying.

Biden would have got in last time if he ran , he's old and a bit senile now. Sanders would have been good but many American think free college n healthcare is next to communism over there . The Yanks are a strange bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Biden would have got in last time if he ran , he's old and a bit senile now. Sanders would have been good but many American think free college n healthcare is next to communism over there . The Yanks are a strange bunch

The yanks are a strange bunch.
    Think Biden will lose in November, he is a very weak candidate.

I don't understand how people genuinely say he doesn't have early dementia at the least.

He is more than just gaff prone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The yanks are a strange bunch.
    Think Biden will lose in November, he is a very weak candidate.

I don't understand how people genuinely say he doesn't have early dementia at the least.

He is more than just gaff prone now.

Tulsi Gabbard was the only serious contender the Democrats had, but they did everything they could to cut her campaign off at the knees right from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think Sanders could have made real change.
    I dont see Biden winning it to be honest. He is coming across very frail and the moment and it's hard to know if all the talk of senility is real or just GOP mud throwing hoping it sticks.

BLM has been damaged by the looting and destroying statues of Washington isnt going to win any friends.

It's a pity, I think BLM really had a momentum with them that could have really turned into a political animal, but now I see it becoming like the occupy wall street crowd.

I just cant figure Americans out.

I think Sanders could have made real change.
    I dont see Biden winning it to be honest. He is coming across very frail and the moment and it's hard to know if all the talk of senility is real or just GOP mud throwing hoping it sticks.

BLM has been damaged by the looting and destroying statues of Washington isnt going to win any friends.

It's a pity, I think BLM really had a momentum with them that could have really turned into a political animal, but now I see it becoming like the occupy wall street crowd.

I just cant figure Americans out.

BLM politics is a mix of libertarianism, Anarchism and Trotskyite, with some ideals that are undefined.

It was never going to be a significant political movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Thought I was losing my mind for a second. People suggesting that Biden had dementia, and they didn't immediately get jumped on by an angry mob demanding to see their medical degree.

Then I realised that I wasn't in the 2020 election thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    There's a video of this rapper guy who's basically become the warlord of chaz threatening to blow someone's head off. They're extorting businesses and forcing whites to give money to blacks.

This is comical, it's like the plot of Dark Knight Rises where Bane takes over Gotham.

Why haven't these clowns been driven out by tanks and soldiers?

More like when the simpletons take over IKEA

2u2me wrote: »

Just nosing on twitter and noticed that Twitter have hidden another of trumps tweets that was in response to Bhaz as it violates the rules on abusive behaviour.

He said that there would be no autonomous zone in DC and any attempt would be met with serious force.

Now, I know trump says some crazy stuff but I don’t think him defending the Capital from those wanting it to be autonomous is crazy at all.

Just nosing on twitter and noticed that Twitter have hidden another of trumps tweets that was in response to Bhaz as it violates the rules on abusive behaviour.

He said that there would be no autonomous zone in DC and any attempt would be met with serious force.

Now, I know trump says some crazy stuff but I don’t think him defending the Capital from those wanting it to be autonomous is crazy at all.

Setting up a free for all rape zone where people can be shot without police interference should be against the law and he is right to call it out and promise force against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Venom wrote: »
    Tulsi Gabbard was the only serious contender the Democrats had, but they did everything they could to cut her campaign off at the knees right from the start.

She was another Russian agent!!!! Supposedly.

The Democratic party are off the rails...you know they are in trouble when the best thing for their candidate is to keep him locked in a basement for as long as possible.

• Advertisement

Twitter are playing with fire, as a platform they were dying until Trump decided to run for president.

I don't think the company has ever made a meaningful profit.

The big tech platforms need to be broken up anyway in my view, they have been lobbying hard for a while now to avoid it but it has to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Twitter are playing with fire, as a platform they were dying until Trump decided to run for president.

I don't think the company has ever made a meaningful profit.

The big tech platforms need to be broken up anyway in my view, they have been lobbying hard for a while now to avoid it but it has to happen.

Sooner it dies the better, absolute ceaspit of toxicity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

She was another Russian agent!!!! Supposedly.

The Democratic party are off the rails...you know they are in trouble when the best thing for their candidate is to keep him locked in a basement for as long as possible.

The Russian obsession is hilarious.

Twitter need to be careful, they are clearly editorialising, and I wouldn't want to be held accountable for 1 percent of the vicious smearing and abuse that happens on it. It's even given me recommendations for people abusing our current Taoiseach, seriously messed up.

4th shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

4th shooting.

It's a pity that there are normal people trapped in that twilight zone. People who live in the buildings.

Otherwise the police could man the perimeter and not let anyone leave. Let it play out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Setting up a free for all rape zone where people can be shot without police interference should be against the law and he is right to call it out and promise force against it.

In the past they've had to storm cultish communes as well. No-one was arguing against their use of force then.

This isn't even in the middle of the woods somewhere, it's public roads, homes and business'.

2u2me wrote: »
    In the past they've had to storm cultish communes as well. No-one was arguing against their use of force then.

This isn't even in the middle of the woods somewhere, it's public roads, homes and business'.

The Waco compound but crazier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Last week, they were asking white people for $10 "donations" to black people.
    Now they're talking about property “equity means ownership “
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-23/can-community-land-trusts-build-racial-equity?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews
    These lads are smart, they are testing the water, to see what they can get away with.

Eventually it will be demands for $100,000 and the keys to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Unfortunately common sense has been handcuffed by extreme political correctness and you know if any action was taken by the US government it would somehow be linked to racism or something else to prevent normalization of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Man I really wish the person that started the thread would jump back in :D.
    Sooner it dies the better, absolute ceaspit of toxicity

Good for Coronavirus news, and mma. Otherwise steer clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

derfderf wrote: »
    Man I really wish the person that started the thread would jump back in :D.
    Yes, and correct the bloody thread title.

'Autonous' my arse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Yes, and correct the bloody thread title.

'Autonous' my arse :mad:

The OP is a social butterfly, with nothing to add and riding on the back of the popular topic of fisher price activism

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The OP is a social butterfly, with nothing to add and riding on the back of the popular topic of fisher price activism
    Maybe they have moved to the garden of Eden that is Chaz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ckerryman

Unfortunately common sense has been handcuffed by extreme political correctness and you know if any action was taken by the US government it would somehow be linked to racism or something else to prevent normalization of the situation.
    Chaz or CHOP as some people call it, is great. It should be normalized.
    I would like to see 1000's of zones like this across America and a few in Ireland.
    Millions of gun hating progressives forced to live in their neighborhoods, they can't defend themselves or their property or their children, they cannot call the police.And they are ruled by a mob.

ckerryman wrote: »
    Chaz or CHOP as some people call it, is great. It should be normalized.
    I would like to see 1000's of zones like this across America and a few in Ireland.
    Millions of gun hating progressives forced to live in their neighborhoods, they can't defend themselves or their property or their children, they cannot call the police.And they are ruled by a mob.

As Lenin said the worse the better.

Lot of this lunacy is part of the Reagan legacy, very good at creating wealth but very destructive socially and culturally in countries, created multi culturalism, destroyed national solidarity.

The rich kids, everyone is floating, lost cause and direction. This woke faith is filling the gap, it is unfortunately more puritan and angry than previous ones, bo forgiveness just heresy and sin.

A plague on both their houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ckerryman

As Lenin said the worse the better.

Lot of this lunacy is part of the Reagan legacy, very good at creating wealth but very destructive socially and culturally in countries, created multi culturalism, destroyed national solidarity.

The rich kids, everyone is floating, lost cause and direction. This woke faith is filling the gap, it is unfortunately more puritan and angry than previous ones, bo forgiveness just heresy and sin.

A plague on both their houses.

The rotten state of affairs started in the sixties, made worst financially by Nixon taking the US off the gold standard.

Businesses are getting together to sue the city of Seattle.

A corporation has already taken the decision to leave Seattle.

Shootings and crime.

Lawlessness.

This is what a summer of love looks like in reality.

It's about to blow up in the mayors face.

This is going to cost jobs and revenue that will impact on the tax paying citizens of Seattle!!!

Watching the mayor undoing this s##tshow is going to be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This lawsuit does not seek to undermine CHOP participants’ message or present a counter-message

In other words please don't burn the building down, we're "allies".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Varik wrote: »
    In other words please don't burn the building down, we're "allies".

its the sad thing about this (debate in general). be seen to have a different POV, feel the wrath of the mob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

and now, one of the victims is intending to sue to police for not responding quickly enough.

if they were there of their own accord, hard to have much sympathy. if someone living there during this mess, you cant blame the victim. id direct my anger at the mayor and governor i think, as its their job to call in the national guard.

Advertisement