Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Hill Autonous Zone! I LOVE IT! FREE CAPITOL HILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

bubblypop wrote: »
    what is this rubbish?

are you drunk?

Go home you are drunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

Overheal wrote: »
    Police have bombed people before I don’t think it’s a good idea to joke about this either when already people are acting violently, running their cars into protesters shooting at them etc.

Yeah, comments on an Irish message forum might seriously agitate the current American political and social tensions further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Of course the Neo Nazis are just over reacting and going nuts like they always do.

Such angry people.

There is little media on this. So the right wing are just making up everything.

Thankfully real people have some common sense.

Those pesky homeless people stealing the food. Not going so well is it.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1270989451586441218

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The very first thing these freedom loving people did was to erect a border...

• Advertisement

jibber5000 wrote: »

That tweet has been debunked. Seriously the shops are still opening you think people run out of food in 48 hrs?

I checked with residents on twitter.

They are allowing food deliveries etc. They are still getting supplies every day. They even have garbage collection and water supply guaranteed ..its all private companies so the state can't cut it off! :pac:

OH THE IRONY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

jibber5000 wrote: »

I've heard there's doubt about the credibility of that Tweet. So I'd be cautious about posting it, the rest of the information doing the rounds seems to be solid though. Just sit back and watch, it will go tits up eventually.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

biko wrote: »

No.

The first thing these freedom loving people did was create a police free zone.

There is no border. Normal people ..delivery trucks can still go in and out as they wish. Its just the police.

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I've heard there's doubt about the credibility of that Tweet. So I'd be cautious about posting it, the rest of the information doing the rounds seems to be solid though. Just sit back and watch, it will go tits up eventually.
    Actually according to residents ...all the info from the media right now is weird.

There are no shortages etc ...there were no petrol bombs ...people are going about daily life.

Just no police. And they want demands met.

I do agree you have to wait for things to unfold though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

biko wrote: »

They should build a wall. Oh wait...

• Advertisement

Yeah, comments on an Irish message forum might seriously agitate the current American political and social tensions further.
    Exactly. Very few Americans read here.

LETS GO SPAM AMERICAN FORUMS WITH PICS OF FREE DERRY! :D

Overheal wrote: »
    Police have bombed people before I don’t think it’s a good idea to joke about this either when already people are acting violently, running their cars into protesters shooting at them etc.

Who is joking? A tactical nuclear device would put an end to this nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭gibsmedat

Does anyone have an issue with this ending in a waco style scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

So you don't support John Hume and the civil rights movement in NI got it.

You think it was fine for the black and tans to do what they did to us got it.

We know where you stand.

Please please if you choose to discuss the civil rights movement/free Derry movement do some research. The Black and Tans as brutal as they were, were well gone in john Humes time.
    The residents of Derry barricaded themselves into their area, they didn't move into the area and then barricade themselves in!! They barricaded thenselves in because the b specials and ruc actively sought to inter them and damage their homes. Young Catholic men were being interned, gerrymandering rife, poor housing, actual real poverty. A marked absence of democracy. One man, one vote unless you had property and then you had several votes! . overcrowding, segregated education, poor housing.
    I lived on the falls and the ormeau... yes we actually had cloths hanging in our hallway doused with vinegar in case teargas was shoved in our letterbox. We didnt need to go to a march, the army and ruc came to us!!! There are similarities between the movements but don't put them on par with each other. Free Derry movement is a worthy symbol of civil rights but I'm struggling to equate the current antifa movemtent and it's manifesto with what was endured by northern irish Catholics.

TO THE PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE ERECTING A BORDER

Here are people going in and out of the barricades. Its just the cops who are not allowed.

I mean LOOK all those people being CHECKED for papers! *Sniggers*

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gosh you’re right just incite violence in your comments no holds barred :rolleyes:

And no those homeless people they gave free food to didn't steal all the food and there is plenty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The ‘autonomous zone’ should be nuked. That’d learn them. :)

They only have about 5 blocks. Have you seen the blast radius of a nuke? You'd take out most of the city. You'd be killing more people that are against this **** than are for it.

Starve them out and let them surrender is the best option.

TO THE PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE ERECTING A BORDER

Here are people going in and out of the barricades. Its just the cops who are not allowed.

I mean LOOK all those people being CHECKED for papers! *Sniggers*

Funny how they're suddenly for borders and border security now. Next they'll be checking for IDs.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    They only have about 5 blocks. Have you seen the blast radius of a nuke? You'd take out most of the city. You'd be killing more people that are against this **** than are for it.

Starve them out and let them surrender is the best option.

A tactical nukes have far smaller blast radius.

• Advertisement

This isn't capitol hill but chapman square and another free zone popping up...there are calls for more of them around the country!

Exactly. Very few Americans read here.

LETS GO SPAM AMERICAN FORUMS WITH PICS OF FREE DERRY! :D

What has this got to do with Londonderry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

gibsmedat wrote: »
    Does anyone have an issue with this ending in a waco style scenario?

It would deprive us of comedy like this:

https://twitter.com/TweetBrettMac/status/1270983562226012161

A tactical nukes have far smaller blast radius.

Still too dangerous. Still better to starve them out. When they can't get their soy lattes and veggie burgers [because they will threaten to charge anyone who delivers food to them as aiding and abetting] they'll surrender.

Funny how they're suddenly for borders and border security now. Next they'll be checking for IDs.

Hi Mr Karate thank you for your post. But you might like to watch that video i showed you people are walking between the barricades normally with no 'checking for papers ' etc.

;)

Still too dangerous. Still better to starve them out. When they can't get their soy lattes and veggie burgers [because they will threaten to charge anyone who delivers food to them as aiding and abetting] they'll surrender.

You can't they are letting food deliveries in with no issue.

One of the great benefits of the USA not be socialized is that water electricity etc is ALL private companies ...so they can't be cut off! :pac:

People go to and from work etc as normal.

Hi Mr Karate thank you for your post. But you might like to watch that video i showed you people are walking between the barricades normally with no 'checking for papers ' etc.

;)

I was being sarcastic about the IDs, but considering they're hypocrites when it comes to borders and border security I wouldn't be surprised if they do that some point as well the longer this goes on.

What has this got to do with Londonderry?

Free Derry. ;) And John Hume did the exact same thing there in response to police brutality.

Guys i would advise everyone to thoroughly research things before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

it can become tiresome debating that its fake news when it doesn't suit your narrative. we all need to be conscious of actively seeking out information from a broad spectrum in order to ensure that our cognitive dissonance doesn't intensify. I consciously follow those across the spectrum of mindsets in order to minimise at the very least, being brainwashed.

• Advertisement

I was being sarcastic about the IDs, but considering they're hypocrites when it comes to borders and border security I wouldn't be surprised if they do that some point as well the longer this goes on.

I think you are having a little trouble with this concept.

Its not a border. People can come and go...its a police FREE zone.

Advertisement