Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Hill Autonous Zone! I LOVE IT! FREE CAPITOL HILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

it can become tiresome debating that its fake news when it doesn't suit your narrative. we all need to be conscious of actively seeking out information from a broad spectrum in order to ensure that our cognitive dissonance doesn't intensify. I consciously follow those across the spectrum of mindsets in order to minimise at the very least, being brainwashed.

Yes wait some days perhaps ..until more news comes out. I could be wrong about this myself. Who knows.

All I have posted is direct on the scenes footage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

You can't they are letting food deliveries in with no issue.

They will crack down on deliveries at some point to break these idiots.
    One of the great benefits of the USA not be socialized is that water electricity etc is ALL private companies ...so they can't be cut off! :pac:

The water and electricity work in a grid. You'd be shutting off water to nearly the whole state if not coast just for 5 blocks.
    People go to and from work etc as normal.

LOL. You think these trust fund babies and genetic dead ends actually have jobs. Bless you.. you're so cute.

Anyhow ..i hope you all have a lovely day! :)

Yes the weather is pants ..but lockdown is ending and things will be better soon!

xx

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    They will crack down on deliveries at some point to break these idiots.

The water and electricity work in a grid. You'd be shutting off water to nearly the whole state if not coast just for 5 blocks.

LOL. You think these trust fund babies and genetic dead ends actually have jobs. Bless you.. you're so cute.

I am cute!

All of what you say ..is hypothetical.....so i can't comment.

They said the same of John Hume you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Didn't one of the leaders say the homeless stole all their food, and that's why they needed more

• Advertisement

I think you are having a little trouble with this concept.

Its not a border. People can come and go...its a police FREE zone.

I think you're the one having trouble. They're building fences/walls [which they claim don't work] and they have people patrolling them.

Yes that's a border and yes that is a border patrol.

Please please if you choose to discuss the civil rights movement/free Derry movement do some research. The Black and Tans as brutal as they were, were well gone in john Humes time.
    The residents of Derry barricaded themselves into their area, they didn't move into the area and then barricade themselves in!! They barricaded thenselves in because the b specials and ruc actively sought to inter them and damage their homes. Young Catholic men were being interned, gerrymandering rife, poor housing, actual real poverty. A marked absence of democracy. One man, one vote unless you had property and then you had several votes! . overcrowding, segregated education, poor housing.
    I lived on the falls and the ormeau... yes we actually had cloths hanging in our hallway doused with vinegar in case teargas was shoved in our letterbox. We didnt need to go to a march, the army and ruc came to us!!! There are similarities between the movements but don't put them on par with each other. Free Derry movement is a worthy symbol of civil rights but I'm struggling to equate the current antifa movemtent and it's manifesto with what was endured by northern irish Catholics.

I am very angry with you for accusing ME of not doing my research when you have done just this.

Its the capitol hill residents who have done this. Its the people who live there.

Please do your research before you comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Nightly Concert in the capitol hill autonomous zone.

:)

Thank god there are some sane people in the US!
    biko wrote: »
    Apparently they have a warlord now, after 2 days.

EaLXXhqXQAQRQFT?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is all of this just a sh*t rapper forcing his music on people?

No.

The first thing these freedom loving people did was create a police free zone.

There is no border. Normal people ..delivery trucks can still go in and out as they wish. Its just the police.

And what will fill the void where the police once were?
    Or will everyone suddenly become law abiding citizens, never committing any crimes?
    What happens if these people themselves become victims of crimes? Who will they turn to?

Guys i would advise everyone to thoroughly research things before posting.

Lol.
    The irony

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Didn't one of the leaders say the homeless stole all their food, and that's why they needed more

No....that was a tweet from a fake account.

bubblypop wrote: »
    And what will fill the void where the police once were?
    Or will everyone suddenly become law abiding citizens, never committing any crimes?
    What happens if these people themselves become victims of crimes? Who will they turn to?

I don't really think the police in the states care about law really at this stage do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i'd love to see all the cops in the US call in sick for a week.

Just for anyone who will inevitably turn the whole thing to the same as the other threads and bury the the lot.

For a numbers comparison, if the Gardai killed as many people a year as the US police, per capita, theyd be directly killing 17 people a year here. Would people support that? I dont think many would. Police are not meant to routinely kill people. The US police seem to have a real issue with the concept of de-escalting situations. Thats not policing.

No.

I mean ....are you really believing that???

I don't really think the police in the states care about law really at this stage do you?

I'm pretty sure most of them do.
    And you didn't answer the question

Anyhow ..i hope you all have a lovely day! :)

Yes the weather is pants ..but lockdown is ending and things will be better soon!

xx

I shall leave you on this note for a few days.

Who knows where it shall all go by then. It could all be up in flames! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

There was a thread from donkeys years ago about a poster wanting to become an admin, bigtommybomb was the posters name.
    This thread reminds me of it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Just for anyone who will inevitably turn the whole thing to the same as the other threads and bury the the lot.

For a numbers comparison, if the Gardai killed as many people a year as the US police, per capita, theyd be directly killing 17 people a year here. Would people support that? I dont think many would. Police are not meant to routinely kill people. The US police seem to have a real issue with the concept of de-escalting situations. Thats not policing.
    it's a shocking figure but if there were more guns in Ireland than people, as is the case in the US, it wouldn't be quite so shocking. A direct comparison is fairly useless. Many protesters are looking for various police forces to be disbanded - i'd be interested to see the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Did you read what I wrote or did you simply see a critique and react?
    You spoke of John Humes and then spoke of what the Black and Tans had done to us. are we discussing 800 years of oppression or the more recent civil rights movement in northern Ireland? Both worthy causes of course but the Black and Tans was not on John Humes mind during the Free Derry movement. Are you not willing to listen to someone who lived and experienced on a very regular basis the real fear of being questioned, of your brothers being interned, of teargas coming in your letterbox? Look at the mass exodus of many of us out of Northern Ireland to the South to escape this.

Its important to learn from each other, to hear others experiences and not simply read but also to listen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

He's like a real-life Vera from Mr Robot. I predict he and his crew will be standing around in a group some evening when they all suddenly notice they have red dots on their foreheads in those two seconds before their skulls start exploding like watermelons.

• Advertisement

Ireland's population is a tenth of the US population. The Police don't go around killing people. No matter what the media wants you to believe. If you're not an idiot when interacting with them you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Ireland's population is a tenth of the US population. The Police don't go around killing people. No matter what the media wants you to believe. If you're not an idiot when interacting with them you'll be fine.

Fcuk me I did not know Ireland shot from 7 million to 33 million in the past decade

Police don’t go around killing people? Tell Breonnas mother that. See what she says.

This **** show is already cracking at the seams. Raz is apparently assaulting people in there and they're actually calling for the Police. Dispatchers are using the "That appears to be in the New Republic of Capital Hill. They can handle that." line.

These shops that they're buying food and supplies from should pull the same thing. They should say "Sorry, We don't ship Internationally." or "International shipping rates will apply."

International shipping rates ftw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

For an autonomous zone, they are making quite a lot of demands of a government organization they are rejecting.

Some of them are blatantly impractical, some just bizarre.

We demand the hospitals and care facilities of Seattle employ black doctors and nurses specifically to help care for black patients.

Are they trying to ghettoize themselves? Are there black medical needs which white doctors cannot meet? Should black doctors be reserved for black patients, or can they treat non-blacks when they have a bit of spare time? Is there a recent history of care facilities in Seattle not accepting job applications from black doctors and nurses?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I wonder where the heat water and light will come from , not to mention the social security payments

and if company's outside the free zone will accept their currency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport_to_Pimlico

For an autonomous zone, they are making quite a lot of demands of a government organization they are rejecting.

We demand the hospitals and care facilities of Seattle employ black doctors and nurses specifically to help care for black patients.

Are they trying to ghettoize themselves? Are there black medical needs which white doctors cannot meet? Should black doctors be reserved for black patients, or can they treat non-blacks when they have a bit of spare time? Is there a recent history of care facilities in Seattle not accepting job applications from black doctors and nurses?

I agree with you a lot but how is hiring black doctors ghettoization?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

that is a flat out racist demand ,

Try walking into Vincent's or better still a hospiteal in the states and demand that you be treated by only white staff.

how is this acceptable in any world

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

on the one hand i kinda respect them, but on the other hand, they're all loons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They remind me of me in my teens when I was all rebellious and ****.

Advertisement