Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Hill Autonous Zone! I LOVE IT! FREE CAPITOL HILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's like Lord Of The Flies in real life.
    Can't wait for the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,477 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

toptom wrote: »
    Absolute cretins. They'll leave the place wrecked and the working taxpayer will have to foot the bill.

It doesn’t seem like they gaf. I don’t think they feel enfranchised by society to act this libertarian, if anything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

A lot of posters are talking about “free Derry” no one has mentioned Operation Motorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,477 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A lot of posters are talking about “free Derry” no one has mentioned Operation Motorman.

Frankly I’ve never heard of either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

What's going on?

Sounds somewhat like DC protestors have gone full retard.

Perhaps Hillary C, high upon a broomstick has sprinkled her voodoo chicken bones, COVID microns, and spiritcooking remnants all over a crowd of libtards, and a zombie fest has now fested itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

Just for anyone who will inevitably turn the whole thing to the same as the other threads and bury the the lot.

For a numbers comparison, if the Gardai killed as many people a year as the US police, per capita, theyd be directly killing 17 people a year here. Would people support that? I dont think many would. Police are not meant to routinely kill people. The US police seem to have a real issue with the concept of de-escalting situations. Thats not policing.

Maybe they have a problem because of the high proliferation of guns. They're constantly on edge ffs, a traffic stop could easily be the end of them.

America's main problem is guns. Seconded not by racism, but by poverty. The poor man is the cops enemy, be he a poor black guy from the projects, or the poor white guy from the trailer park. Yes, a higher proportion of black people are poor than whites, thanks to historic events, and that's not right. But they ain't getting killed because they're black. It's for socioeconomic reasons. (Which are in a roundabout way because of their race, yes.)

But to me, the number one way to stop so many innocent people being killed is to get rid of the guns. But I don't think you really can... So many out there, most unregistered... It's not the makings of a civilised society

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭gibsmedat

Same thing as the last few wars the US military have been in, they'll lose :pac:

lol, come back and join us in the real world will you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Odhinn wrote: »
    The wrong house (correct) , without announcing themselves (allegedly), in the middle of the night.(should they make appointments to raid drug houses?)

They made a mistake. To err is human. 99% of times they'd clear the area and realise their mistake. Unfortunately this 1% they received fire from the occupant (as was his right to defend his home) and they returned fire. I don't think they went in with the intention to kill the innocent girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Overheal wrote: »
    But they smashed into a home fully prepared to kill. That’s not even a question. They don’t perform those raids with rubber bullets! Students of Killology.

Because drug dealers normally welcome the police with open arms, never use guns or violence and would never attempt to harm an officer of the law.

Hug a thug doesn’t work, especially if the thug has an M-16 or Uzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Also before someone gives out about my spelling of CAPITOL hill

I asked locals on twitter they say they spell it with an O.

I think anyone at FOX news who claims to be Irish ..and who criticizes the autonomous zone needs to be shown the above photo of John Hume so they can see what they really are.

FYI a capitol is a building, a capital is the city itself.

Washington DC is the US Capital.

In, Washington DC there is an area called Capitol Hill where the city capitol building is located.

• Advertisement

Perhaps I've read a series of biased articles in relation to CHAZ but is it correct that the original residents require permission to enter/leave, owners of businesses within the area have been told they will need to pay protection money, the self appointed leader ( a rapper) has advocated for use of patrolling the perimeter with weapons? No one can dispute the symbolism behind this occupation. There are however stark differences between the lives of Catholics during the height of the troubles and the current Antifa drive.

What's this "antifa" crap? There is no such group as "antifa" and there is no evidence of any antifa type being involved in the protests in the US. Nice try though.

Been outed as a massive homophobe on twitter last night.Dozens of tweets from him attacking and dehumanising gays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

You can smell the odor of weed through just looking at the pictures of the place.

Made me kinda nostalgic for the Occupy crowd though. I remember well 2011 (I think?) and they had a little corner of Eyre Square in Galway, the Christmas market taking up all the other space. About 3 crusties desperately trying to keep it going through the cold Winter while everyone was having festive fun a few yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

already had a proclaimed leader sexually assault another woman
    the homeless steal all their food
    the self appointed police beat a man for graffiti

its going down just like every left dystopian nightmare I can think of.

I'm kinda surprised another few haven't popped up in other cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

so this is what happens when there are no summer festivals to go to

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

already had a proclaimed leader sexually assault another woman
    the homeless steal all their food
    the self appointed police beat a man for graffiti

its going down just like every left dystopian nightmare I can think of.

Its a shame there's no Big Brother type set up with nightly episodes at 9pm. It would make for great comedy and psychological study: CHAZ Experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

There are alot of videos showing them arguing amongst themselves :D

https://twitter.com/BasedPoland/status/1271285255140335616

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There are alot of videos showing them arguing amongst themselves :D

https://twitter.com/BasedPoland/status/1271285255140335616

“I got the conch mic”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s going to be a lot of lols from that place yet.

• Advertisement

Anyone scroll down through that link and see the white woman with the baby sitting on a park bench get dragged from the bench and viciously beaten by the black girl?

This type of stuff gets me mad. If the roles were reversed this would be viral all over the world. Like the white woman with the dog. Instead it gets buried because it doesn't fit the narrative. Sickening.

Anyone scroll down through that link and see the white woman with the baby sitting on a park bench get dragged from the bench and viciously beaten by the black girl?

This type of stuff gets me mad. If the roles were reversed this would be viral all over the world. Like the white woman with the dog. Instead it gets buried because it doesn't fit the narrative. Sickening.

Countless videos of such incidents over the last few weeks. All white people being attacked. Its almost as if some black people are using this BLM thing as an excuse to carry out attacks on whites. All egged on by the media of course.

Over 200 articles in the last 3 weeks in Ireland about how racist the country is. This leads to attacks on innocent people imo, as we have seen in Limerick and Cork.

gibsmedat wrote: »
    Countless videos of such incidents over the last few weeks. All white people being attacked. Its almost as have some black people are using this BLM thing as an excuse to carry out attacks on whites. All egged on by the media of course.

I felt absolutely sick to the out of my stomach watching that. And the black bystanders laughing and joking during it of course. "Get the baby". Shocking

I felt absolutely sick to the out of my stomach watching that. And the black bystanders laughing and joking during it of course. "Get the baby". Shocking

You would have to wonder why we dont see crowds of white people attacking lone black people. Its almost like it doesnt actually happen.

gibsmedat wrote: »
    You would have to wonder why we dont see crowds of white people attacking lone black people. Its almost like it doesnt actually happen.

Exactly right.I think if it were happening we'd see it.
    Everything is on video these days. The worst they can come up with is the white woman threatening to call the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'm so proud.

In response to police brutality residents have barricaded themselves into an autonomous zone where they are not allowing us cops to enter.

Reminds me of #FREEDERRY When John Hume asked 1500 residents to barricade themselves in and not allow the RUC to enter.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/welcome-to-the-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-where-seattle-protesters-gather-without-police/

They are allowing food trucks and everything else in it's just police. People are watching films in the street and painting murals.

image.jpg

Above 2nd from the right. John Hume in Free Derry. Ireland's greatest Irish man can't be wrong lads! :)

A bunch of rich kids playing revolution is not the same as Free Derry fighting the RUC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I think you are having a little trouble with this concept.

Its not a border. People can come and go...its a police FREE zone.
    Knowing how US police and other agencies operate, you can bet your bottom dollar there are already people undercover in that zone.
    They spy on and infiltrate every and any new groups.

biko wrote: »
    The very first thing these freedom loving people did was to erect a border...

Always the snotty little comment.

The border only exists for the police. For everyone else it is not there. Try to keep up.

The border only exists for the police. For everyone else it is not there. Try to keep up.

Cool. So who voted for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

So borders work? Do you not see the irony of people who complain about borders using borders?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Advertisement