Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved into new apartment. Poor refuse services. Build up of rubbish.

Options
  • 11-06-2020 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So as the title suggests, I recently moved into an apartment in Limerick city. We are given just one green Mr Binman bag a week to get rid of our rubbish. As we just moved in we have a build up of rubbish from cardboard boxes and packing etc. from the new stuff we had to buy to furnish the apartment.

We simply cannot get rid of all the rubbish with one bag a week. The way it works is that we have to call the rental agency, and then go and collect the bag from them in person in their office. This alone is quite incovienient as we are not always free. And now today I was just told that they "don't have any" bags. The bins go out on thursday. I am going to miss this weeks collection and I'm going to have to let the rubbish build up for another week. We already have six medium sized bags of rubbish built up, some of it being organic waste that will start to smell eventually.

So I am just wondering what I can do about this, and if there are any "pay as you go" rubbish collection services, so I can just pay a one off fee and get rid of all this stuff.

EDIT: Just found out about bigbin.ie
    Seems like a good solution. Anyone use this service before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

jamief123 wrote: »
    So as the title suggests, I recently moved into an apartment in Limerick city. We are given just one green Mr Binman bag a week to get rid of our rubbish. As we just moved in we have a build up of rubbish from cardboard boxes and packing etc. from the new stuff we had to buy to furnish the apartment.

We simply cannot get rid of all the rubbish with one bag a week. The way it works is that we have to call the rental agency, and then go and collect the bag from them in person in their office. This alone is quite incovienient as we are not always free. And now today I was just told that they "don't have any" bags. The bins go out on thursday. I am going to miss this weeks collection and I'm going to have to let the rubbish build up for another week. We already have six medium sized bags of rubbish built up, some of it being organic waste that will start to smell eventually.

So I am just wondering what I can do about this, and if there are any "pay as you go" rubbish collection services, so I can just pay a one off fee and get rid of all this stuff.

EDIT: Just found out about bigbin.ie
    Seems like a good solution. Anyone use this service before?

That sounds like an insane way to manage waste disposal in an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Can you buy some extra bags from Mr Binman yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jamief123

Can you buy some extra bags from Mr Binman yourself?

Nope. I rang them and asked. The rental agency is registered with Mr Binman for this apartment and I have to go through them to get any bags. I even told them that I wouln't mind paying for any extra bags but all I got was basically "we'll get back to you". Anyway I'm heading out to this bigbin place today so i should be able to get rid of everything. Until it all builds up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭893bet

Surely recycling is free?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

893bet wrote: »
    Surely recycling is free?

Usually it is. Load up the car and put all the cardboard and bring it to a local recycling centre.

https://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement